Caterpillar - Cure cover - ODH

Started by ODH, April 30, 2024, 11:01:07 AM

ODH

Caterpillar
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was doing this as another LITLR naked acoustic and vocals but it grew legs (mainly because I can't do all the parts without shifting the capo).

The original is a single off the album The Top, which is one I had on tape and played a lot in my first year at university, back in the early eighties. It always sounded like they made a really sweet pop song then decided to chuck a full can of emulsion over it to see if anything artistic happened (and I'm not sure it did).

I figured out how to do panning in GarageBand using automation.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Zoltan

I don't think i've heard this Cure song before. Or maybe i just didn't want to listen to it. Your version is quite vibey. It has a slow rolling groove and almost romantic feel to it.

I can almost see in my minds eye young ODH drawing dirty pictures while listening to this song.

The eerie sounding bits are effective and add a lot of dramatic tension to the proceedings. A weird song...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I heard this already a few times... that thing you do with the voice is so fun...the guitars sound wonderful .  a super good recording Nick.

I love the far off backing vocals... this gives this a 60s feel but more modern tech so it is a real winner for me.. the song takes me on a journey toward the divine... it transcends.

super work again.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Very effective ambiance created by that backing vocal .
Complex little tune by the sounds of it ,never heard the original but I can hear the cure in there

Nice one Nick.

Ray Brookes

Not familiar with the original even though I like a lot of the Cure's songs. Anyhow, very nicely done and well performed.
Ray Brookes