Nobody Knows

Started by Ron D Bowes, April 30, 2024, 07:05:21 AM

Ron D Bowes

Nobody Knows
Time:
0:00
Volume:
With this song I think I have about enough tracks for the new album "This Ain't a Movie Show". I won't release till later in the year, so, plenty of time to do all the tweaking and change of songs ;-)

Anyhoo, here's my latest "Nobody Knows"

NOBODY KNOWS

Between the Now and what is to be
Well, I don't know, it's a mystery
You take your chances with the turn of the card
Try to be brave, but it seems so hard
Well, should I stay or take my leave?
Well, I lack faith, yeah, it's hard to believe
Just give a sign, so I can see
What karma has in store for me

What the future holds
Nobody Knows
What the dice will roll
Nobody Knows

Should I turn left or should I turn right?
I could be here the whole damn night
Should I abstain or drink my fill?
Should I smoke or take a pill?
Am I in Heaven or am I in Hell?
Is this Limbo? I just can't tell
I'm bewildered and lost in time
Just let me know when I cross that line

What the future holds
Nobody Knows
What the dice will roll
Nobody Knows

(Bridge)

Between the Now and what is to be
Well, I don't know, it's a mystery
Should I turn left or should I turn right?
I could be here the whole damn night
Just give a sign, so I can see
What karma has in store for me
I'm bewildered and lost in time
Just let me know when I cross that line

SteveB

Well, Ron, I'm a right sucker for a superb slow rocker, and that is just what this is – a superb slow rocker! Great instrumentation and production, coupled with a questioning hard-as-nails vocal. What's not to like! On this sample, your upcoming album should be well worth checking out. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

a real son of a bitch song Ron... hot damn.

this just howls from the get.. a real belter...

Batman could not hang with you.  Not tough enough.  The STones couldn't even get in the venue.  Hulk would be in a corner cowering.  Terminator has been terminated... as in Terminus Elderodis...
Superman isn't so super... the paint is peeling off the walls.  No one needs call the exterminators... the bugs are running for cover... this friggin song is tearing the house down.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Really enjoyed the listen, Ron.  One of your best.  I think you're developing your own sound here.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

A great addition to your new album, Ron! The slower tempo is a cool change up that will fit well amongst your other rockers. The lead guitar solo is right on the money with the tremolo rhythm backing it up...a perfect fit. I was waiting for the bluesy harp to raise it's head and there it is...well done Cuz!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

Cool song ,nice guitar tone.
Catchy chorus as well.
Nice harmonica at the end .
Crystal clear recording as well.
Well done.

thetworegs

Another beauty Ron as Farrell said this will sit nicely on the album as a bit of breather before jumping back into another of your rockers loving those backing vocals that leads sits nice too

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

karl1171

Good song, great production and guitar work, excellent vocal!

If I was to be picky I'd say the Crash cymbal seems a bit out of sync near the end... might just be me.

Ron D Bowes

Quote from: karl1171 on May 07, 2024, 02:47:12 AMIf I was to be picky I'd say the Crash cymbal seems a bit out of sync near the end... might just be me.
Good call. I did have trouble with the crash timing on the outro. It's sorted now ;-)

Blooby

I love how behind the beat the verses are here. It adds some swamp to the proceedings. Apologies if I have asked previously, but what are you using for guitar tones? They always sound great.

Cool tune.

Blooby