Life in the foundry

Started by thetworegs, April 29, 2024, 07:57:02 AM

thetworegs

Life in the Foundry
Time:
0:00
Volume:
TwoChordsFest (banner image missing)

A two chorded for the fest imagining the life in the foundry with all that noise .....
The hammer works the forge all day long
Pounding at the metal sounding  its song
The heat from the furnace redden up the skin
The day has started the toil begins
Fire so hot it burns behind the eyes
The sulpher from the fire starts to demonize 
The skies are grey the storm has come
The fire in our hearts does nothing but burn
Life is a struggle but we all have to earn
The hammer beats the metal as we burn
As we burn 

The day is long the day become the night
the furnace glows behind us causing the backlight
the sihouet of shadows dance acroos the walls
As the heat ramps up taking the energy from us all
The hammers hits the metal till the day is gone
Another day over another to become

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

SteveB

The headmaster at our secondary school came into the Common Room one day claiming himself mystified by a musical term he'd overheard. That term was: Underground Music. This was the late 1960s and the best description we teenagers could come up with by way of explanation to an old codger was that it sounded like 'a factory working full blast'. (Obviously this was before the advent of screaming heavy metal and such, so I'm not entirely sure just what we thought 'Underground' was). So, if our headmaster were here now, I would play him this track (several times), with glee, saying THIS is how musical an off-the-wall production can sound. Dang, Reg, you know how to put an idea into action! And it sounds sooo good. Also having worked for over a decade in one of these noisy-b*st*rd places I can vouch for you hitting the spot. Liked the chain and door coda too. Well done.  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

StephenM

that intro is so amazing...slick man... slick

but then that guitar kicks... the wah was great as usual but that rhythm guitar is staggering... and it sets the perfect drop for your killer vocal work...

this is a real head wrecker... glad I am straight right now and drinking coffee... I think this would take me way way out into space...

KILLER MAN...WOW

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Great atmospheric intro and then the hammering riff with the tasty guitar solo. The echo vocals spot on for this track. Super stuff!

Johnbee

Great.  Has a Captain Beefheart sound in the vocals.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Farrell Jackson

A great two chord-er Trevor! The intro sets up the song perfectly. Cool, gritty vocals and the guitar soloing is played so well. Impressive!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

That intro soundscape grasped me straight up.  And the song continued to grab me throughout. Frenetic phased and wah-ed guiitars and no quarter vocal. 

A stunner mate.

Paul