Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by StephenM - Today at 03:33:40 PM
the guitar is awesome in the mix... fits this perfect imo...
the mix is even better than  your usual...

great work... the flute alone is amazing... all the busy instruments doing incredible things... you are a composer.
love that piano too...

the voice is great as always... yes I can tell you are doing something a bit different and I am glad that you are happy with them... very clean production even though it is really busy.  well done
Original Songs / More Than You Could Know
Last post by StephenM - Today at 03:27:19 PM
This is the third song I have written and recorded with a bent toward a big day in our family coming up in mid July... that is the marriage of my nephew David to his love Erica.  David asked me to get some music together for the event and what exactly that means I am not sure.  He actually used the term "commission me" to do it... but I expect and want no compensation at all.  This will be a gift of love only and I think this opportunity, even if almost no one will hear most of these songs is already paying me dividends in my attention to what I am trying to do. 

I mixed this on Bandlab and then did some tweaking in Audacity and mastered with Masterdesk. 

1 acoustic guitar and voice track doubled and panned, one effected... one voice track doubled and panned and effected (including auto tune sort of effect (Bandlab has a TM called Auto pitch and it gets better every time I use it... they have all sorts of selections... like harmony etc... but I didn't want this to be too radical or anything... I am trying to reach the masses at the wedding, you know bring out the tissue box.. lol
honestly most of the time I don't do well with love songs but I do love hearing them... so writing some is a real challenge.

I also have drums and bass for this and I thought it sounded quite good and I may include a mix of that in the thread if I finish it... I don't know.

thanks for any feedback...
Original Songs / Re: Life in the foundry
Last post by chapperz66 - Today at 12:33:19 PM
That intro soundscape grasped me straight up.  And the song continued to grab me throughout. Frenetic phased and wah-ed guiitars and no quarter vocal. 

A stunner mate.

Paul
Cover Songs / Eric Clapton's "Running on fai...
Last post by the physics teacher - Today at 11:50:30 AM
I din't know the song Eric Clapton's "Running on faith" when Jean Pierre offered me to sing with it. So I had to use many weeks to every now and then practise this song on Spotify. Today I felt right about it and send it back to JP to mix and produce it. Me having a 2 weeks holiday could be of influence I think.

This is the technical stuff JP cojured this master piece with.

mixed and mastered on Reaper; with
Corné Lead Vocal JP Choirs Dobro EpiphoneTakamine Guitar electro acousticUke Bass Kaia
Drums Millenium Drums MPS 250
Piano Michael Rojas Band in a Box I upped the piano a bit in your version

Thanks again JP

Corné
Original Songs / Re: "Gray Day" w/Lurker
Last post by StephenM - Today at 08:16:09 AM
Quote from: Lurker on April 26, 2024, 02:49:25 PMThis melody is almost identical to the last tune, "Flow of Time". Someone is copying us and it's us. I guess we're too self-absorbed to notice.

it happens to alot of really good bands making tons of money... no worries here... at the end of the day I think unless you are putting 10 songs on a album or something just take each song separate... likely anyone who listens is not going to know... but I do think you do have to be true to yourself and what you want to do... for me that is always the kicker... does the artist believe in what they are doing?  Does it come from the soul?  I never get anything less from you two
Cover Songs / Re: Caterpillar - Cure cover -...
Last post by StephenM - Today at 08:12:32 AM
I heard this already a few times... that thing you do with the voice is so fun...the guitars sound wonderful .  a super good recording Nick.

I love the far off backing vocals... this gives this a 60s feel but more modern tech so it is a real winner for me.. the song takes me on a journey toward the divine... it transcends.

super work again.
Original Songs / Re: Leap Of Faith by BerryPatc...
Last post by kenny mac - Today at 07:52:17 AM
What an excellent song.
Musically and sonically it's great.
Love the harmonies in the background.
Great guitar sound as well.
Excellent.
Original Songs / Re: Nobody Knows
Last post by kenny mac - Today at 07:48:05 AM
Cool song ,nice guitar tone.
Catchy chorus as well.
Nice harmonica at the end .
Crystal clear recording as well.
Well done.
Original Songs / Re: Life in the foundry
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:43:48 AM
A great two chord-er Trevor! The intro sets up the song perfectly. Cool, gritty vocals and the guitar soloing is played so well. Impressive!
Original Songs / Re: Nobody Knows
Last post by Farrell Jackson - Today at 07:36:08 AM
A great addition to your new album, Ron! The slower tempo is a cool change up that will fit well amongst your other rockers. The lead guitar solo is right on the money with the tremolo rhythm backing it up...a perfect fit. I was waiting for the bluesy harp to raise it's head and there it is...well done Cuz!