Main Menu

Recent posts

Original Songs / Re: Nobody Knows
Last post by thetworegs - Today at 03:49:56 AM
Another beauty Ron as Farrell said this will sit nicely on the album as a bit of breather before jumping back into another of your rockers loving those backing vocals that leads sits nice too
Original Songs / Re: Positivity-Original
Last post by thetworegs - Today at 03:46:37 AM
Excellent track your vocal sits nice in the mix right up front great harmonies love the instrumentation
Original Songs / Re: More Than You Could Know
Last post by thetworegs - Today at 03:42:50 AM
Beautiful melody great vocal I'm sure they will love this it's from the heart and the sentiment is  beautiful
Original Songs / Re: Symphony of Solitude
Last post by thetworegs - Today at 03:39:55 AM
Nicely played short but very sweet
Original Songs / Re: More Than You Could Know
Last post by BerryPatch - Yesterday at 08:13:44 PM
Wow, a tried and true, earnest love song! Awesome vocals here and I love the straightforward lyrics here. Simply a great little song (and those backing vocals are a great addition)!
Original Songs / Re: Symphony of Solitude
Last post by BerryPatch - Yesterday at 08:09:31 PM
Short 'n sweet! Lovely classical feel to this, sounds like it would be a nice thing to use as an exercise of some sort.
Last post by BerryPatch - Yesterday at 08:06:47 PM
Stellar track! I love the cascading piano and the added acoustic strummy adds a really nice flavour to this. Excellent lyrics and great use of different sections here. I dig the fact the drums get more elaborate and groovy as the song goes on. Super sweet tune!
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 03:33:40 PM
the guitar is awesome in the mix... fits this perfect imo...
the mix is even better than  your usual...

great work... the flute alone is amazing... all the busy instruments doing incredible things... you are a composer.
love that piano too...

the voice is great as always... yes I can tell you are doing something a bit different and I am glad that you are happy with them... very clean production even though it is really busy.  well done
Original Songs / More Than You Could Know
Last post by StephenM - Yesterday at 03:27:19 PM
This is the third song I have written and recorded with a bent toward a big day in our family coming up in mid July... that is the marriage of my nephew David to his love Erica.  David asked me to get some music together for the event and what exactly that means I am not sure.  He actually used the term "commission me" to do it... but I expect and want no compensation at all.  This will be a gift of love only and I think this opportunity, even if almost no one will hear most of these songs is already paying me dividends in my attention to what I am trying to do. 

I mixed this on Bandlab and then did some tweaking in Audacity and mastered with Masterdesk. 

1 acoustic guitar and voice track doubled and panned, one effected... one voice track doubled and panned and effected (including auto tune sort of effect (Bandlab has a TM called Auto pitch and it gets better every time I use it... they have all sorts of selections... like harmony etc... but I didn't want this to be too radical or anything... I am trying to reach the masses at the wedding, you know bring out the tissue box.. lol
honestly most of the time I don't do well with love songs but I do love hearing them... so writing some is a real challenge.

I also have drums and bass for this and I thought it sounded quite good and I may include a mix of that in the thread if I finish it... I don't know.

thanks for any feedback...