My Lady Blue, from the movie the Big Blues

Started by Jean Pierre, November 29, 2018, 06:40:27 AM

Jean Pierre

LADY BLUE render MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iypnpyuh5DI

The Big Blue (released in some countries under the French title Le Grand Bleu) is a 1988 English-language film in the French Cinéma du look visual style, made by French director Luc Besson. The film is a heavily fictionalized and dramatized story of the friendship and sporting rivalry between two leading contemporary champion free divers in the 20th century: Jacques Mayol (played by Jean-Marc Barr) and Enzo Maiorca (renamed "Enzo Molinari" and played by Jean Reno), and Mayol's fictionalized relationship with his girlfriend Johana Baker (played by Rosanna Arquette).

The film, which covers their childhood in 1960s Greece to their deaths in a 1980s Sicilian diving competition, is a cult-classic in the diving fraternity, and became one of France's most commercially successful films (although an adaptation for US release was a commercial failure in that country).

Eric Serra and the song my lady blue

Throughout Europe, and particularly in France, Le Grand Bleu was a great success, which also had a worldwide impact. The soundtrack was acclaimed by critics in the same way as Luc Besson's film. For many, it is the most accomplished work of the duo Luc Besson/Éric Serra. To date, this soundtrack has sold more than three million copies worldwide, including nearly two million exclusively in France. This soundtrack contains Éric Serra's first vocal interpretation, which he composed with Luc Besson, and whose title is My Lady Blue. The soundtrack of Le Grand bleu won a Victoire and a César for best film music in 1988, in addition to winning the Grand Prix de la réalisation audio-visuelle de la SACEM the same year. The album was certified gold, platinum and diamond in several countries. In 1989, Éric Serra was appointed Chevalier de l'Ordre des arts et des lettres by the French Minister of Culture.

some picture of this movie, with my cover here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxxgPMuv0Q

and lyrics
No regrets, no tears,
Pas de regrets, pas de larmes
Only a strange feeling,
Seulement un sentiment curieux,
Sleeping without falling,
Dormir sans tomber.
I'll try another World
J'essaierai un autre monde
Where the water is not blue anymore,
Où l'eau n'est plus bleue.
Another reality.
Une autre réalité.

[Chorus]
[Refrain]
Oh, my baby I love you,
Oh, mon bébé je t'aime,
My lady blue.
Ma dame bleue.
I'm looking for something
Je cherche quelque chose
That I'll never reach.
Que je n'atteindrai jamais.
I seek eternity.
Je cherche l'éternité.

No more sun, no more wind.
Plus de soleil, plus de vent
Only a strange feeling,
Seulement un sentiment curieux,
Leaving without moving.
I'll try another World
And the sky slowly fades in my mind
Et le ciel s'évanouira doucement dans mon esprit
Just like a memory.
Tel un souvenir.
No more reasons, no fears
Pas de justifications, pas de peurs,
Only this strange feeling,
Seulement ce sentiment curieux,
Giving without thinking.
Donner sans penser.

[Chorus] (x2)
[Refrain] (x2)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Groundy

Nice one JP,
great sound, love the harmony.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

So many great guitar textures in there, nice vocals.
The Castrati Brothers
recorder
Boss BR-800

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

I did this cover in 2018...one of my first on SC
As I wanted to reload the missing video, I did a new mix and a new mastering with my current tools...you can compare the sound of the 2018 version of the SC audio player and the so, of the reactualised version which is the one of the video  ;)

video loaded on the first message
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Zoltan

This is very moody. It oozes of feel. Great one JP!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

the physics teacher

A nice low tempo song and you did it perfect.
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.