Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Same here!

you are laying it all on tonight Jim!

Great post revisited!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

You are the Voice!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

I liked the last 1/3 of this a lot - Great changeup on the vox and the music was ear candy!

Peace, man

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Greeny

Oh yes. I love the harpiscord sound, and there are some outstanding chord changes going down here. The part where the 'harpiscord' gets going at double speed is incredible. A proper prog-classical feel that Rick Wakeman would have been proud of! Musically, this is a real EPIC. And you sing this one beautifully, James. Truly outstanding!

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on May 25, 2009, 06:55:59 PM64 guitars did all bar vox,

Yikes! I can't take credit for someone else's work. The music was entirely from a midi file I found on the internet. All I did was play the midi file through my Yamaha keyboard and record it to the BR to get a better sound than we'd have got from a computer sound card.

See the original thread here:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=10708.msg7155#msg7155

By the way, the MP3 attached above is only the first 6 minutes of a 23-minute recording. Here's the full-length version:

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Greeny on May 26, 2009, 05:02:32 AMOh yes. I love the harpiscord sound, and there are some outstanding chord changes going down here. The part where the 'harpiscord' gets going at double speed is incredible.

The "harpsichord" is actually supposed to be two 12-string guitars, as you can see in the following YouTube videos.

This was the best Genesis line-up, in my opinion. Steve Hackett's guitar playing complimented Tony Banks' keyboards perfectly. He played such tasteful leads and really gave the band an edge that they've since lost. Peter Gabriel's vocals and Phil Collins' drumming were great too. And they had hair!  :D

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

AndyR

Class!!

I can't listen to stuff at work, and when I saw this I though "nah, he can't really... surely not... can he?!"  Is there nothing sacred man? ;D

And he has!!
Fine performance orh...

Mrs R will be listening to Foxtrot in bed tonight  :D

Now, I want to hear you go "Looking for someone! I guess, I'm doing that..."

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Satchwood

Cool song - nice flowing midi track - great vox James! 

Some pretty high flippin notes!

I remember when Hackett & Howe got together for....GTR....i believe....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Ooh, I saw Genesis on the Foxtrot, Selling England and Lamb Lies Down tours and am a nerd on everything Genesis up to Trick of the Tail when it all went downhill for me (never listened to them again). ORH, you sound UNCANNILY like Gabriel when you do the "and it's hello babe" parts. Supper's Ready is the apex of everything Genesis ever did IMO and you've done a great job with the vox here. 64G, I'm disappointed to hear you didn't do all of this yourself musically! I would have been stunned if you had however.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

AndyR

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on May 27, 2009, 01:48:29 AMORH, you sound UNCANNILY like Gabriel when you do the "and it's hello babe" parts.

+1 Fine, fine job.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on