Picasso Songbook---Guernica 2nd mix additions by Tafka

Started by Facemask93, October 15, 2010, 01:57:24 PM

FuzzFace

Quote from: Gritter on April 07, 2011, 01:28:34 PMPure quality. What a sound! What a performance!! What a song!!! It just doesn't get any better.

I absolutely second, third and fourth that.

This number is legit to the umpteenth degree.

Rata-tat-tat

Agreed with all that has been said. Can't add anything, but awesome.
recorder
Tascam DP-02

Ferryman

I realise (to paraphrase someone) that I've been a very naughty boy. I was listening to the whole Picasso project yesterday and I realised there are some tracks I haven't commented on. And this is one, I need to be severely punished as it's effing brilliant and really needs to get some more comments.

Overall, it's the combination of vox and arrangment that really make this a standout track for me. Such a clever combination of instruments to make a deep and multi-faceted soundscape on top of which you have those wonderful vocals. Your vocal performance on this is superb, so many great nuances that bring out the power of the lyrics so well. The combination of guitars and keys is sublime.

I think the mix is fantastic as well. It sounds great on phones but it also sounds superb on my studio monitors, so well done there! You have a great balance of sounds across the tonal range and the vox are mixed perfectly for me - they cut through clearly without overpowering the mix. 

Absolutely wonderful Rob and TJ, a really high quality piece of work. And a very beautiful piece of music as well.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

T.C. Elliott

Listening through today and I wanna say that I really enjoyed listening to this one. The vocals are nearly perfect. A very good song in the project.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

Great bump !!!

A gem for sure !!!

What a voice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Satchwood

Thanks for this bump!   Sounds so good in my head... really pro and beautiful recording!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Mach

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

I found this beautiful piece looking through the site,
From Picasso songbook, Suffering Machines,
What a voice.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs