Picasso Songbook---Guernica 2nd mix additions by Tafka

Started by Facemask93, October 15, 2010, 01:57:24 PM

launched

I'm on headphones with this and I think it sounds perfect. I've listened to it a million times, can't get enough of it. A very moving number.

I also will take back what I said about the single picked guitar sounding a little low in the mix, because it sounds perfect now.

And, I can't get enough of the vocals. Solid gold, hands down.

Beautiful song, my friend - And everyone did a fantastic job. Well done!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

It's posts like this that make me think. The world would be a better place if Rob was a household name. You are one hell of a vocalist my friend.

This is an outstanding piece of music, no matter how you slice it. TJ's additions were fantastic, but the volume swells are what gave this piece an added dimension. Beautiful.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Redler

Great additions! Love the dramatical mood on this! Superb performing...

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

stoman

I like the additional parts too. I'm only listening on my PC speakers now, so I'd better not say anything about the mix yet except that it seems to translate well on these cheap speakers. The string pad may need a high shelf/high pass filter around 200 Hz, but these speakers always make muddy sounds, so don't take this for granted.

I'll listen again on my MP3 player later today. This song is for my archive anyway. :)

Regards,
  Steffen

stoman

I'm in bed now and listening again. The mix sounds perfect with headphones. And what a great song this is, I must repeat myself. I will listen to this masterpiece A LOT of times more.

Thanks for giving away this gem!

Regards,
  Steffen

FuzzFace

QuoteThanks for giving away this gem!

I second that.
It is a gem, for sure.

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

i cannot believe i didnt comment on this especially as guernica is probably my favourite painting, that piano goes deep like a bomb in ma heid boooooooooooooooom
magic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Gritter

Pure quality. What a sound! What a performance!! What a song!!! It just doesn't get any better.