Goodbye Galafrey - The Doctors Lament

Started by Gu Djin, July 12, 2010, 09:35:04 AM

Gu Djin

Doctors Lament
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A little guitar nonsense - inspired by a blue box and many characters of Who.
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

OsCKilO

Pure coolness and Skills!

Sublime work bro!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Greeny

This is very clever. It has just enough echoes of the Doctor Who theme to tell you what it's about, but is totally original at the same time. How did you do the 'lead' part... it sounds like a guitar running through a synth or something. Sounds a bit spaghetti western too. A fist full of Doctor Who, lol. Or maybe my head is still full of Boognish's latest song. A great piece of work.

T.C. Elliott

Yeah it's got some cool bits in there. That lead tone was interesting and contrasted nicely with the rhythm sounds.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Geir

A really cool rhythm and a interesting lead!!

Dig it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

I'm liking this a lot, most unusual guitar sound. Can I be nosy and ask what effect you were using? I'm going back for another listen to see if I can guess.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Gu Djin

Thanks all for the listen - Though if you haven't spent some time watching UK television I can imagine the confusion.

The sounds were all created through a Line 6 UX2. I know there was a fair amount of drive to create the fuzz and allow the harmonics to resolve out through the octaves and there was some Phasing, vibrato and echo.  Unfortunately I didn't make detailed notes on this one - as I never thought I'd go back to it.  But it was recorded using a telemex and the sounds were recorded wet, as I needed to hear the echo and harmonics resolve as I played.  The only "after tweaking" was balancing the parts and the stereo panning.  I usually use a "stuck" wah sound and I believe that was early in the chain as well.

Thanks again Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Facemask93

Very interesting song indeed GD , wierd tones , very original , love it

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Redler

Great track again, Leigh!! I listened this earlier today and now second time! The music you write needs listenings, but it is just good thing, then they start to 'live'. Fine job, man!!

Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"