"I know I can fly" a Geir original

Started by Geir, July 07, 2010, 12:33:44 AM

Bluesberry

This song comes from another place entirely, it is so original sounding, deep, very effective.  IT is beyond all categorization.  All you can say is it is a Geir song, and a damn good, spooky, mystical one at that.  It is in a leauge all by itself.  Damn man that background vocal is getting to me big time.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

Magical Geir.

Where did the drums come from. It's so obviously not a MBR - Which I know that you had stolen - but so different.

the song is marvelous!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Facemask93

This really has got quality written all over it , as Tim said , great imagery , wonderfull soundscape , a truly beautiful song , very , very pro

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Satchwood

Cool dreamy song Geir!!  Great strong vocals and marvelous guitar tone!  Dig the jazzy vibe as well, great ride!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

JMD2010

BLOODY MARVELOUS!
YOU ARE SO DAMNED GOOD!

John

mike

I think you are one of the top writer/producers on this site.  This is just amazing.  The track itself is great - really great - but the production is superb.   Truly professional stuff.

Mike

Geir

Thank you guys !! This is one of those songs I was not sure what to do with. Was close to just putting it in the long time archive. Glad I didn't :)

The drums are from the Korg D16, I used the simplest arrangment possible, just set up a intro, then the same pattern throughout the song and an end-pattern. I wanted some nondominating drums on this, so I put them rather low i the mix.

The harmony vox were actually recorded before I wrote the lyrics/melody :D

There are some issues on the recording, mostly because I've gotten so used to the built in condencer on the mbr. I recorded this with a dynamic mic + the built in on the korg. The problem with the korg-mic is that it's built in and that it is a Harddisk recorder. So the "cricket" sounds I couldn't get rid of stems from the (rather old) harddisk.

Thanks again good people!! Your support and the inspiration you provide are invaluable !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

on this day bump
better than flash harry's new toothbrush

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 06, 2011, 07:44:10 AMbetter than flash harry's new toothbrush

thats right man......hard to top flash harry's new toothbrush.................but this does it

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand