WARNING: phoney PMs claiming to be from Songcrafters Administration

Started by 64Guitars, April 07, 2010, 01:43:33 PM

64Guitars

We've had a few reports about JoshuaEvanss since I enabled the "Report To Admin" feature. I should have mentioned that you don't need to report these messages once we've acknowledged them in this topic because we've already dealt with it and banned JoshuaEvanss. So please just report any new personal message abuses from today forward.

I'd also like to remind everyone that the admin team currently consists of myself (64Guitars), oldrottenhead, Flash Harry, and cuthbert. If you get a PM or email from anyone else (MichaelaBanks, JoshuaEvanss, etc.) then it's obviously not from this administration, despite any claims to the contrary, so that should raise your suspicions. Don't click on any links in such a message and report it to us by using the "Report To Admin" link at the bottom of the message (unless it's already been acknowledged in this topic). If you're ever in doubt about who the current administration members are, check the site's home page under Forum Staff in the rightmost column. Anyone else who sends you a PM claiming to be from songcrafters administration is lying. The same goes for emails except that you may also get legitimate emails from admin@songcrafters.org.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SwanSong

vEry well said. ive not gotten any messages and never would click or open mail
from someone i dont know even i my e mail. it s bad enough that we have to
have 2 internet securtiy programs and internet track eraser and privacy controls
beside spyware malware etc removal.i m so tired of worrying aobut that or
viruses. i only stay with sites i know r safe. for get about web browsing.
anyway thanks for the head sup . have a great week NEIL

taffsdad

excellent warning ...dosnt matter how savvy we are ....and by that I mostly mean ME you get one of those emails and for some strange reason always a niggle at the back of your mind saying I better click on it just in case....I got one from Yahoo a few weeks ago saying I needed to click on a link and put new password in....did a bit of a check it was bogus ...but the only difference between a genuine Yahoo message was one letter in the IP address.....
Be Kind Rewind

Speed Demon

One solution: Locate offending dung beetle and call in an air strike. Shake and Bake.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.