Way Beyond Your Dreams

Started by hooper, August 16, 2008, 05:48:14 PM

Ferryman

I'm one of them (new members that is) and I hadn't heard this one. It's a great piece of work on all fronts and I agree that it shows that inspired musicians doing what they love now doesn't need to be held back by recording deals, studios and middlemen.

Great job, quality product. Thanks for bumping Flash.

Cheers,

Nigel (signing off for hols now)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

Wowie zowie THAT was really something !!! (thanks for bringing it up Harry).

What an extraordinary piece of work! Great !!!

G.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

lg

Wow, 1st time I've heard it too!
Thanks for the bump... Indeed!
Great song guys!
Nice production.

LG

nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

hooper

Mike: Thanks for the bump!  :) 
And also for the kind comments from you and the other guys. I enjoyed finding that here this afternoon.  It's fun to go back and listen to a recording that have you haven't heard for a while, with fresh ears. That Higgins guy is very dem clever... ;)
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Oldrottenhead

QuoteIt's fun to go back and listen to a recording that have you haven't heard for a while, with fresh ears.
it is indeed , the thing for me it is bitter sweet, as i did my bits of the song predominantly when on holiday in elounda in crete, but whilst there my best friend donny passed away (he was an original member of the bunkbeds) and i missed his funeral, im glad to say i saw him before i left for holiday. but anyway that event played heavy on the lyrics we ended up using, and i am sure hoop can attest to the fact of the many rewrites and rerecordings we did i think i used up a few sd cards on this one, i think there is even a version with hoop on lead vocals, anyway i am rambling and for a change sober.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jim1970

;D Awesome Production  ;D

Love the song!!  Sounds better than some songs done for a
lot of money in a High cost studio!!

Great work guys

Jim From Jersey
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

You guys did a brilliant job on this.  Shows what one can do with patience know how  of the Br.  This is one of the best posts.  You can tell so much work went into it.  Great.

SE

Great work all round song, production and talent hope you guys can take it further you deserve it with this song.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

this is probably my favourite song, hoopers musical and production skills excel on this one and  n particular i want to thank him for badgering me with umpteen takes and rewrites, he is a hard task master but i think the end results where well worth it.
 its an emotional song for me as it was greatly inspired by the loss of my close friend and former bunkbed member donny morrison,  enough rambling or i'll get all emotional.

anyway ken (hooper)thanks  for this one it means a whole lot to me.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

AndyR

Glad this got bumped - I really liked it - I'd never have found it otherwise.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1