Way Beyond Your Dreams

Started by hooper, August 16, 2008, 05:48:14 PM

hooper

Way Beyond Your Deams
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Mr. Higgins and I have been working on this one for the past several weeks, flinging mp3's back and forth across the Atlantic between North Carolina and Scotland (Crete some of the time).  After sending James the basic musical structure to get things started, Oldrottenhead returned with the basic lyrical structure in usual fashion- in about an hour. Then followed many emails and hours of re-writes, tracking and re-tracking and mixing.

Most of the tracks were recorded either directly on the Micro-BR or through the BR to PC, basically using the M-BR as a channel strip for recording.  Mixed in Sonar (22 tracks) and then Mastered on the M-BR.  All vocals were recorded using the M-BR on-board mic.

We had a blast with this collaboration and hope you will enjoy the song.  Thanks for listening!

Hooper

Way Beyond Your Dreams
  Words and lead vocal written and performed by James Higgins
  All other music written and performed by Ken Lowry   

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Blooby

Captured a very nice atmosphere on this one.  Really enjoyed the background vocals as well.

Will give it a couple listens later with fresh ears.

Very nice job.

Blooby

Oldrottenhead

got to thank ken big time for this one, usually i only spend a couple of hours on a song before moving onto the next one. but he made me tighten up the lyrics and my vocal performance etc so not my usual slapdash effort. by the way girls voice at the end is my 6 year old daughter jenna, you forgot to credit her ken, bad boy.
during the making of this i lost a dear friend so in ways i didnt realise until i heard the finished product, i think it  affected how it turned out, thats another story for another day tho.
lyrics, the story behind the song etc can be got at www.soundclick.com/thebunkbeds

and ken you are a genuis a wizard a true star, cheers
james
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Sounds like a lot of work went into this, and the end result certainly shows it. Nice work guys, all sounds good here. Thought the backing vox shone out on this. Nice song!

Mudhut

Nice work, the mix sounds spot on. The time and effort put in have paid off. Good stuff
Keep on rocking in the free world :)

Pedro

Very cool vocal work on this song.

The sound quality and the mix are impressive.

guitarron

very nice song-good job guys
ell

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

Quotebtw-my daughter"s name is Jenna as well
is a small world hooper's daughters called jen.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ianjm

Indiana

Well, that certainly raises the bar.

Great job.
<><