to lighten things up a bit

Started by wiley, September 14, 2009, 07:05:56 PM

Wiley

I recorded my Dad 2 weeks ago without his knowledge.   He doesn't drink to speak of but he has a tremendous sense of humor.  Well I wasn't going to post any more campground stuff, but this was just to funny.  He  is 75 and was just hamming it up big time.  I sent the mp3 to Tony just to listen to, but alas he added his banjo. (right up Dad's alley) and this would be the result.  I finally get him on the mic which helps a little.  So this is my Dad's debut.  LOL  Also I did no singing.  I was to busy laughing.  But another gal had come out to play along so she was in there a time or two.  Needless to say he just looked at me and said why are you laughing.  Well jeez when you carry on I am going to laugh. LOL

Time:
0:00
Volume:

Tony W

That's so funny! He kept pretty damn good time for not singing! Nothing like that happens at my campground. people sit around drink, fall over, wake up much much later and go home.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

OH I think I misled you Tony!! MY Dad was doing the singing. And we do that sometimes to .  Drink, fall over, Drive the golf carts all over hell, because we can't walk and then go home. lOL

BossMicroBRew

This is my roots music...right up my alley. THANKS FOR SHARING WILEY!! This is obtusely awesome. Hearing people belly laugh is hilarious. Nothing is better than a good belly laugh.

AC
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

SteveB

WLY - Very cheerful stuff. Reminds somewhat of Prarie Home Companion.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Oldrottenhead

this is great  brought a big smile to my face.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bluesberry

So great, I am loving this.  Makes me think about my dad (who is gone now), he used to break out in old timey songs like this from time to time.  His favorite was "How Great Thou Art".  I love the sound of the laughter there, sounds like a blast.  I wish I was there.  Your dad sounds like a real character.  Thanks for the post, you made my day.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Nice peek into the day.  Makes me miss my dad.

It's uncanny how well the banjo fits.  Well done.

Blooby

guitarron

brought a smile to my face too-nice banjo playing-is that you?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

No it's not me playing banjo LOL  I was strumming my guitar and then Tony (Tafka) added the banjo later.