TWO CHORDS - a bit of cruelty....Ha! Ha!

Started by jackofall, August 25, 2009, 05:26:24 AM

jackofall

Two Chords
Time:
0:00
Volume:
ComedyFest (banner image missing)

I accidently tuned into a radio station where I heard a song that was souring up the charts and everyone thought it was a real hit. It literally had two chords in it. I thought about all the talent on this forum and all the money I haven't got. This is my revenge...  

If the human brain was simple enough for us to understand, we'd be so simple, we couldn't...

Frank53

LOL! Great lyrics. A wink and a nod, yet a bit of truth to it as well.Hey, the Stones and U2 have done quite will with that theory.

Sounds like you're overdriving the mic in spots, but otherwise, thoroughly enjoyable. Gave me a good laugh. Nice job!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Greeny

Oh yeah. This is great. Funny AND catchy as hell! But you're giving away my secret, lol. There was a touch of the Ian Dury's in some of your vocal delivery, which is also good! Great stuff.

Satchwood

Heck with 2 chords is exactly how me and another guitarist started - we'd take turns chording while the other ripped a lead.....for hours & hours.....I bet the neighbors just loved that.....sorry for the diversion.....

This is great - light hearted and fun!!  Catchy tune - luv that Led Zepplin-ish howl at the end!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ferryman

Hey, I resemble this song! I'm in the "two chord" school me! I follow the famous advice that was supposedly in a punk fanzine. There was a hand drawn diagram of finger positions on a guitar for E, A and B7, with the caption: "Here's three chords. Now form a band." 

That plus a bit of pentatonic, that's all the music I have  :D

But this was great fun and actually pretty catchy, thanks for venting in such a funny way.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Wiley

Oh this was hilarious!!  You were wonderful.  I can't even think up a song in one chord much less 2 or more.  I will have to work on that!! LOL  You were great and had me laughing.  You are always so funny. I loved the ending.
P.J.

mr2kewl

"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Blooby

I think you said it best in the song with, "Yeah, rock on!"

I had to listen to the outro several times.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Do you Gig?

I'd pay to watch this mate! and buy you a pint to boot......

This remind me of the song spoofs they used to do on "Not the 9 'o' clock news"...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM1c7YSizjU

here it is "remastered"........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoLfWzCIlGs

You are one talented Mo-fo....er....Bro!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy