emuFest - Flying Through Clouds

Started by Bluesberry, August 23, 2009, 05:01:15 PM

Bluesberry

SH-201 Jam
Time:
0:00
Volume:
emuFest (banner image missing)

Well, I went shopping for a Synthesizer.  I was having such a blast with my koassilator, that I got the GAS to get a real synthesizer.  After much research I settled on the Roland SH-201.  It is described as the perfect beginners synthesizer, but with real synth sound and programming.  My Gosh this thing is a blast.  I got it home last night, and today after playing around for a few hours this afternoon/eve came up with this little composition.  I recorded this into my microBR.  I am quite proud of how it turned out, considering I have practically zero keyboard skills, but this thing is such a blast to play and play-around with I can't help myself.  Well folks here is my new toy, its a real nice addition to my home studio.  Everything here is played on the SH-201 except drums which are microBR.  What do you think?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Man ... do you have any vacancies at your place ,,,, must be a good business your working in !!!

Love the soundscape you've created here!!  WOW we're in for a real treat when you use this combined with your guitar and voice !!!!

cheers BB ... good to have you back !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveG

I think I want one! Probably a bad idea tho ... I get enough grief about the guitar. Sounds like a lot of fun tho......

Pretty good for a first attempt. I expect to hear a lot more of it :D

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on August 23, 2009, 05:15:44 PMMan ... do you have any vacancies at your place ,,,, must be a good business your working in !!!

Love the soundscape you've created here!!  WOW we're in for a real treat when you use this combined with your guitar and voice !!!!

cheers BB ... good to have you back !!!
Ha Ha, I think I am all GASsed out for a while now!!! No more new toys until at least Christmas.  I have wanted to add real synthesizer to my home studio for a long time, I finally pulled the trigger, its time to fully release my inner PROG now!!!

Thanks Geir and Steve, its good to be back home, and good to be back in such a supportive site such as this.  I learned quite a bit today with this little composition, I programmed my own sounds from scratch and that was a real blast, creating sounds and fitting it all together, and learning about playing on a keyboard also.  Super fun,  I cant wait to use this on my next proper song!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Vanncad

How was the trip? Looks like you made it back just in time before "Bill" hit.

My laptop soundcard is crapping out, but this does sound pretty cool BB.
Do I sense some "Yes" and "King Crimson" on the horizon?

Can't wait to hear what you come up with!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

cool bb, cant wait to hear you going all prog on us.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

Yes BB this is really pretty cool, Especially for your first time?  You have a good imagination to come up with this stuff.  Great job!! And oh new toys are so fun!!
P.J.

tafka

what a great sound for your first piece BB.
just had a look at the roland great piece of kit.
welcolme to the Synth world.

T.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

mr2kewl

damn!! anybody have an antacid, cuz i'm having a major GAS attack.

this is such cool stuff, BB.

i was checking out prices and reviews on synth's as soon as i listened to this.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

hooper

Thanks for the demo of the new machine.  Sounds like a real idea maker.
Ohhhh, the G.A.S..................
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE