My Les Paul Tribute....

Started by Justin_Case, August 17, 2009, 07:36:27 PM

Davo

Great song, great story!  I never got to see Les...
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

BossMicroBRew

What a story, man. Weird how things work out, huh? Nice tribute.
"90-proof pain, I shot at a time."  -George Molton

cuthbert

Wonderful story Justin, and a great tribute to Les on this take. :)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

galestermusic

see what I mean? While it is unfortunate we lost Les PAul....look at him. Still gigging and doing apearances in his 90's! What a life!I think this tribute and celebration gives great credit to this site as LP's life is truly a cebration. Listen to al the tribute takes on the site, could you imagaine if gibson had a contest like this? Oh MY!

Great story and great playing!

Satchwood

Cool story and really cool audigraph!!  Cool playin - very laid back tribute - nice use of melodies and open-string chording!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SteveG

Odd, I know I commented on this but it is not here...

Ah well, what I said was that I hope the boy cherishes that guitar, and of course that was a fine take on the backer.

Oh, and making music with your kids, it don't get better than that :D

Justin_Case

I thank one and all for all the kind words.  I sort of had a " free flow " of thoughts with this post. 

I really appreciate the kind words.

SteveG puts it so well, about making music with you children, and I know my son  cherishes his EPI-ZW-LPC.

Even before Les passed, I offered him the Gibson LP Classic I got the night we met Les, but with the condition that we would take off the signed Control Cover off the EPI for him to keep and replace it, then sell his EPI - his answer - NO DEAL

At this point, the boy's got Dad played out for the fool he is. His EPI has a new control cover. The Les Paul signed cover and the photo of him and Les will be mounted by a friend in a displayable frame for him to have.

Dad, the sentimental fool, will end up keeping the Gibson Classic forever, why? Regardless of the fact that it is a great player, it is too much of a reminder of a great moment in my life, and hopefully my son's, to let go. So my first Les Paul is is destined also to be my last, and hopefully be a family heirloom. I also hope the same with my son's EPI is for him and his children.

To me, in the end, both guitars are just pieces of wood, strings, magnets,and some switches. but they do bring the gift and pleasure, enjoyment of time spent with a father and child - moments that can not be replaced. 

For these moments, I am thankful for the blessings I've received in life.

Groundy

OTD Bump,
Great story, Great Playing,
Really well done Scot.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs