How to upload your song & Rules

Started by Pedro, December 16, 2007, 05:34:12 PM

Pedro

Here, you upload your finished work to be listened and commented by other members. If you want to post a collaboration song, post it the Collaboration board or Covers, please.

Rules:

• Original songs only.
  • Song can be recorded with any equipment
  • One song per topic
  • Use only MP3
  • Maximum file size is 5MB
  • Remember, review and be reviewed

How to Upload your MP3

Press New Topic on the top right side of the board, below the search box.

Upload to our server

Uploading to our server will be easier and allows for the song to be indexed by the forum for easier listening by other members.

On the song topic, below the post text there is a Upload Song bar. Press Browse and choose the MP3 file on your computer that you want to upload.

Write your text for the song and press Post.

Depending on your connection, you will probably have to wait 10 minutes. Just leave the window open and go do something else.  :)

Upload to external hosting

Post your file offsite (SoundClick, box.net, etc.) then link to it in your message using the [singlemp3][/singlemp3], [soundclick][/soundclick], or [url][/url] BB Code tags.

When you're ready to post everything, press Post.

You can also use Soundclick or any other host, you must paste the link to where it is hosted on the song topic text. The rules are the same, except the size rule.

Remember, review and be reviewed!

Have fun!

71MartinD28

WARNING:  If you value your hard work, song writing skills, talents, basically...YOUR MUSIC, make sure you copyright your music.  Otherwise, don't say no one warned you!   ???

Oldrottenhead

i was under the impression that once you posted your composition somewhere, you automatically copyrighted it. in that the posting is dated etc, the same as years ago you would post a copy of a song via the mail to your self to copyright it. am i just naive, if so who should i copyright my music.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

mduckworth73

ORH,
  Look up Berne Convention.
I am NOT a lawyer and this is my opinion.
  If I understand it correctly, posting your work with a date helps to prove when you wrote it and possibly give copyrights to you. I still think sending it off to be copyrighted is still a good idea.
  The old method of mailing oneself his/her own work is a bust. It does NOT work.
  Hope this helps.
Duck

Migs

I don't want this thread to go off track as it is about posting rules and how to upload.  Copyright laws depend on your jurisdiction.  Where I live, there is no need to register copyright in something or put a little c in a circle after it or anything like that.  If you created it, it is yours and people can't steal it.   If it is stolen then you just need to prove that you created it... for example, by showing that you posted it it here.  Just remember the law is an ass and there are very few universal rules and ... not everyone lives in the same country.
Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

lexman

Is it possible when you've started a topic incl mp3, to update the mp3
(when your work is finished)  iso start a new topic?

64Guitars

Quote from: lexman on October 07, 2009, 04:18:34 AMIs it possible when you've started a topic incl mp3, to update the mp3
(when your work is finished)  iso start a new topic?

We used to be able to do that. Unfortunately, ever since the site was reorganised back in April, it is no longer possible to replace a posted MP3. Instead, you have to start a new topic and attach the updated MP3. You can then send me a PM and ask me to merge the two topics so that the new post will appear in the original topic. I've already done this for your "Lost in Time" posts.

- 64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

mr2kewl

hey 64,

i want to upload a new song but when i open the New Topic link, i do not get the Upload Song bar. am i doing something wrong or is it not there?

thanks,
8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

64Guitars

Pedro changed the rules. Uploads are no longer accepted to the "Post your MP3" boards. See this message and topic:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=4800.msg60673#msg60673

You have to upload your file somewhere else instead (SoundClick, box.net, 4share, etc). Then you can post a link to it in the "Post your MP3" boards.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

T.C. Elliott

Uploads are now acceptable again. And Copyright in the U.S. is a little odd. You own the copyright to your work as soon as the work is completed and you claim it. ie, (c)
BUT you cannot sue in court to reclaim damages until your REGISTER your copyright claim. If I thought anyone could make enough money off of my music to make it worth my while to sue them I'd register more often. For now I just register nearly completed recorded works.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London