How to upload your song & Rules

Started by Pedro, December 16, 2007, 05:34:12 PM

Kenny B

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on December 27, 2012, 08:12:35 AMSo there are a lot of options for higher quality files. But keep in mind, most people here are using computers to listen to your song. Is 192 vs 128 a huge issue on computer speakers? That being said, I have my computer going through a big system that I also mix on. Maybe you've got a good point on file size/quality.

This is kind of funny and interesting to me because I was always into top notch
stereo sound and systems since I was a teenager ... now I listen to most stuff
through earbuds or computer speakers ...  ;D ;D ;D

I use Itunes when coming from a wav or cd it it also allows you to convert to
anything including 160 ...

kb
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Kenny B

Thanks 64 and hook ... that's what I was thinking ... I definitely
didn't think I should start another topic.  I will follow up with the
original crafters ...

It must be tough to keep all this in order and I must say ...
I've found some great tunes that were worked on by many
with many versions and tried to search for the most current
version (sometimes on multiple threads) ... would be nice
if they were on the first post although many of these are
older posts and I realize everything can't be kept perfectly.
recorder
Zoom MRS-1266
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Hi guys ,just seen this after sending kenny an email.
I would prefer the new mix to be the main one so if that could be sorted  out then great. ;D
                                                             kenny mac

64Guitars

Quote from: kenny mac on December 27, 2012, 11:46:31 AMI would prefer the new mix to be the main one so if that could be sorted  out then great. ;D

No problem. I assume we're talking about "Big Blue World"? I've added Kenny B's mix to the main post. I left the original version attached too. If you don't want it, just edit your post and un-check the attachment.

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=17019.0

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bishmanrock

Sorry for the silly question ahead, I thought the rules were pretty straight forward but then I read the rest of the topic and got pretty confused

Rules say this is for completed works, but then later posts are talking about updating tracks to newer versions? So are WIP tracks (provided they resemble an actual full song and not just a riff/idea) allowed, or am I misunderstanding?

recorder
Cubase

64Guitars

Quote from: Bishmanrock on June 27, 2021, 03:18:53 PMSorry for the silly question ahead, I thought the rules were pretty straight forward but then I read the rest of the topic and got pretty confused

Rules say this is for completed works, but then later posts are talking about updating tracks to newer versions? So are WIP tracks (provided they resemble an actual full song and not just a riff/idea) allowed, or am I misunderstanding?

The idea is to post only one version of a song. If you later decide to remix the recording or add more parts to it, then the new version should replace the old one rather than being a separate post. You replace an attachment by editing your post, unchecking the unwanted attachment, and saving the message. Then you can re-edit the same post and add the new attachment.

The term WIP (work in progress) suggests that the recording is unfinished and that you intend to continue working on it. I think we should all resist the urge to post such unfinished recordings. Instead, wait till you feel that your recording is finished before posting it. Having said that, we sometimes have second thoughts about songs that we've posted and decide to remix them or make other changes. That's okay because you posted the recording believing it to be finished but later had second thoughts. But when we know that a recording is unfinished, we shouldn't post it until we believe that it is finished.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Bishmanrock