Mastering

Started by Javier, April 23, 2008, 10:36:43 AM

Olarte

Kevin, that's a cool stand. What's the name of it?

I actually went completely opposite. I got  the Manhasset Fourscore stand which can hold up to 4 sheets of paper accross.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Manhasset-5101-Fourscore-Stand?sku=450185

At first I thought it would be too big but it almos acts as a desk and a stand. I can put the MicroBr on one of the sides, and still have room for 3 music sheets.

Oldrottenhead

just a thought but the peripherals are bigger than the microbr lol, how many products can you say that about

am sure their will be a list on that very topic soon lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jkevinwolfe

Olarte,

It appears to be a music stand for the Munchkins from the Wizzard of Oz. It's called a Raxxess AMSS. My thought when looking at a larger stand is that the larger surface would reflect more sound, which might not sound so good with the echoy walls in my space. After I do some serious testing with the built in mic, I'll determine if I need to pad the back or not, to absorb more sound. I also thought about cutting it down to size since it's made of aluminum, but that's probably more work than I want to put in.

Jim,

ALL Peripherals are bigger than the micro. :)

I had been looking for a pocket-size effects unit for almost a year and saw nothing worthwhile. I found it in the Micro and the bonus is I get the recorder as well.

Kevin

that's a cool stand.  By the way, what adjustments do you do to the br to use the onboard mic?  Do you use the pre-amp?  Is it really good for vocals?

SteveG

That is a good idea with the stands, must look into the options. As for recording vocals with the onboard mike, yep it works fine, just select a vocal effect, hold it far enough away so its not over level and let 'em rip  ;D Vocal delay 1 works well for me. Have a play with the eq and the enhancer too.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThis is the stand from Sam Ash. It was about $20.
had a look at sam ash site but couldnt find your stand could you put up a link. or what it was called so i can seach the net. sam ash site has lots of stands but not sure where to find your stand among them.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

jkevinwolfe

Jim,

I bought it at a physical Sam Ash store. I don't see it listed on their site either. Here are a few places online that have it:
http://www.zzounds.com/item--RAXACMS
http://www.mountsandmore.com/Raxxess-AMSS-AMSL-RX1117.html

I haven't ordered from either of these sites before. I also don't know if they ship internationally from the US. Raxxess doesn't do sales on their site.

If anyone gets one, I wouldn't recommended using it as shown on these sites. When it's attached to the included bracket it's not very stable. I mounted mine directly on a mic holder. To do it I trimmed the fin on the bottom of the stand at a 45 degree angle (since it didn't quite fit in my mic bracket) and used washers to mount it. (You'll want big washers with small holes to make it more stable.) I glued a piece of craft foam on the bottom lip to keep the Micro from getting scratched. And I should point out that a stable mic stand is a necessity.

The bracket that came with the stand is not needed at all so I use it as a headphone and guitar cord holder. Eventually I'll install a cupholder on the mic stand for a snifter of Grand Marnier. Then the portable studio will be complete.

Kevin

guitarron

i have a shock mount for condenser mic mounted on a mic stand- i sort wedge it in there-now if i could figure what to do with the condenser mic-lol

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand