"remember rise up #4" - back again

Started by danieldesete, August 07, 2009, 02:37:27 AM

cuthbert

I liked this, too...and I agree - a French vocal take would be tres magnifique!

(I don't speak French, but I could listen to Serge Gainsbourg, Jane Birken, Bridgette Bardot, and France Gall all day)   ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

danieldesete

Quote from: Diego Ayala on August 07, 2009, 06:10:54 AMI totaly enjoyed the song and play it a second time as I kept wanting to add a bit of percussion to it - quietly as my wife sleeping in the other room...  I will be downloading it to give it a listen via my home stereo later on.
please do so , join the percussion in. I hope that for once, orur tempo stayed the same all the way long

thanks to everybody for  your support !
hou hou ha ha

hooper

The spanish/gypsy-jazz thing sounds great and at times it reminded me of Dire Straights unplugged (wait... I've never heard Dire Straithts unplugged...  :D)  So, the traffic going by made it sound like we were sitting in a bistro... somewhere far away from home. I like those clean-sounding acoustic guitars and the voice sounds fine too... just wish it was a bit more up front in the mix.  Fine job and a pleasure to listen to!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

danieldesete

Quote from: hooper on August 07, 2009, 02:43:17 PMat times it reminded me of Dire Straights unplugged (wait... I've never heard Dire Straithts unplugged...  :D

Of course you spotted the influence. Here's how my friend plays them unplugged, in standard tuning !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWCmnuGsdU0
hou hou ha ha

Facemask93

nice playing , the two guitar parts gel together very nicely , with a twist french accent on the vox , really good

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Ferryman

Great acoustic guitar playing and the two of you play very well together. The guitar sounds are very good in the recording as well. I agree, a French version would be great, it might sound like a mellow Negresses Vertes!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Loved this Well Done!

guitarron

yes-this is really enjoyable track

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

steelguitar

Hi!
I'm new here.. danieldesete told me good things on the boss community...
Thank you very much for all your nice messages!

Some of you quote Gainsbourg. Also love Serge Gainsbourg... it's but very hard and difficult to write a song in french like him, with wonderful lyrics and beautyful melodies!
I work with danieldesete on a french version of the song, with cocal take by danieldesete...

Musically
jsebsteelguitar
recorder
Boss Micro BR

"I'm sitting on a comet / Slowing speed / I'm landing on your planet / On your land of weed" Daniel (de Sète)

https://www.facebook.com/TheMAUSS

Geir

Great playing of a lovely song!

Love it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand