recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

And Yes Mark, I took it for the car-stereo test before posting.  It had to pass that test, put it on my I-pod, plug into my car stereo, crank it to the max, drive around.  The drums and bass sounded exactly how I wanted them to sound in this full volume test, so I knew it was ready to post, sounds good in the truck eh Mark?  I get so much inspiration from this site, thanks everybody!!!!!!!

For interest sake, for the rhythm part I layered multi guitar parts all across the stereo field (playing various different shapes for the same chords for depth): TR1-Sheraton-R30, TR2-strat-R70, TR3-Sheraton-L30, TR4-strat-doubled full L&R, TR5-Les Paul-L70.  The nice thing about the BR-1200 is that you can lay a bunch of guitar tracks down like this and mix them all into a nice stereo rhythm track at one bounce.  I wanted to start out with a wall of guitars as the basis for this, the song took off from this starting point.

Maybe a more acoustic type song next.  You can only have so much wall of guitar sound before your ears start to bleed.  ;)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 03, 2009, 11:06:08 AMAnd Yes Mark, I took it for the car-stereo test before posting.  It had to pass that test, put it on my I-pod, plug into my car stereo, crank it to the max, drive around.  The drums and bass sounded exactly how I wanted them to sound in this full volume test, so I knew it was ready to post, sounds good in the truck eh Mark? 

This one sounds great in the truck! And it will again in about 20 min. when I head to town. I always do the vehicle test as well before posting. It keeps the bass honest, too - I just don't have headphones that are good enough to get the full picture.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

SteveG

Neil Young yeah, but more you. Great job! I cant write a rock song to save my ass :( You have inspired me to work harder at it.

Blooby

BB, what can you tell me about the Sheraton?  I played one last week and am seriously tempted.  Let me stress the word seriously.

When I play a semi-hollow body, I mostly hear the difference from solid bodies through tube amps.  Does it really sound that much different when you are going through modeled amps?

Blooby

Bluesberry

The Sheraton is a really nice, well built guitar,  I tried a lot of semi-hollows at the stores around here and for the money, the sheraton seemed the nicest and had the nicest tone (of the guitars in the price range).  It is a very sweet, thick tone.  Yes it is very notable on amp simulation, it sounds totally different than my Les paul through the microBR, BR-1200 or pocket Pod w headphones.  It sustains very nice, it is harmonically rich.  When I first got it home I would hit a note and just hold it and vibrato it slightly and  just let this decay off ever so slowly, very sweet, fat, rich tone.  It feels slightly awkward to play for long periods, and I don't play it all the time, but there is a tone I get that I can't get with any of my other guitars.  I certainly love mine.  It records very nicely I find.

Here is a blues jam I did a while back with the Sheraton which gives a good idea of its tone through a pocket pod.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Sorry BB... I'm having trouble just keeping up with the micro posts, so I don't wander off that thread as much as I'd like. This definitely has a Neil flavour to it (with a touch of The Band on the harmonised parts). The guitars are wonderful, and your production is spot on. Throw in that real kick-ass solo, and it all adds up to a highly accomplished song and performance. Glad I got here eventually!

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on August 03, 2009, 05:40:52 PMThe Sheraton is a really nice, well built guitar,  I tried a lot of semi-hollows at the stores around here and for the money, the sheraton seemed the nicest and had the nicest tone (of the guitars in the price range).  It is a very sweet, thick tone.  Yes it is very notable on amp simulation, it sounds totally different than my Les paul through the microBR, BR-1200 or pocket Pod w headphones.  It sustains very nice, it is harmonically rich.  When I first got it home I would hit a note and just hold it and vibrato it slightly and  just let this decay off ever so slowly, very sweet, fat, rich tone.  It feels slightly awkward to play for long periods, and I don't play it all the time, but there is a tone I get that I can't get with any of my other guitars.  I certainly love mine.  It records very nicely I find.

Here is a blues jam I did a while back with the Sheraton which gives a good idea of its tone through a pocket pod.

Thanks for the information, BB.  Money is tight right now, but I think I will end up getting one some time this year.  I was really blown away by the one I played in the store, but I was also playing it through a great sounding Fender Twin.  Is there a cure for g.a.s.?

Blooby

Vanncad

Hey BB -Glad this one got bumped up. As others have already said - you definitely drank the "Neil Juice" on this one. Great guitar work and a really good song. You've got the harmonies in the just the right places too.

All round good job man! Nice work!
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Tony W

This is just intensely good. I dream of following your footsteps BB. Your vocals have improved tremendously since I've joined this site, and those solos are to die for.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR