"Coming Storm" (original)

Started by Bluesberry, July 31, 2009, 06:47:25 PM

Bluesberry

Thanks everybody, I guess I was listening to so much Neil Young during that Neilfest we had, I had a rocking kind of tune in my head, and Mr. Young's vibe was very present during the recording of this.  I didn't try to create a Neil Young song, I just wanted some of the Neil Young soul to flavor this one, I guess I got it right.  The drums and bass are from the BR-1200 rhythm editor, I like to use them because it gives a real nice clear (noiseless) bass line that keeps perfect time (unlike my futile attempts), on this song I was trying to really get into the rhythm editor (and learn how to use it properly) and make it sound as good as possible, using the chord map and all that.  I go back and forth on songs between real bass (I am no bass player, thats for sure) and BR-1200 bass, whatever seems like the way to go, on this one I wanted a real driving pounding feel to the drums and bass, like rain pounding down the whole time, it felt like the 1200 was going to get me a tighter sound between drums and bass.

As soon as I finished this song and posted it, it started to rain, really hard, just out of nowhere.  It hadn't rained all day, and I mean hard hard rain, it was very freaky. 

Thanks for all the great comments, I just had to get this one out before I exploded (thats how it felt), I can relax now for a little while, I am not going to start any new original songs for at least a week  :D. Thanks  all 8)

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Sorry BB...

Just realized that I Hid this in some posts...

Bumped back up.....

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Bump!!

Hey, I found your secret:

You must have had "Astounding Licks" cranked to 11!

I just love your guitar playing, bro!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

cuthbert

Nice one, BB!

Mark, can I get that pedal at Daddy's Junky Music?  :D
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

I love Daddy's - why buy new, really? You might find one if you stay on top of it :D. Kind of scarce like a Metal Zone or a CE-5...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Blooby

Man, I hear the Neil Young as well...that edge-of-cliff playing.  Really nice.

Blooby

guitarron

BB this is feckin great man-superb playing-those harmonies really work

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Rickocaster

Very nice! Luuuuuv the guitar solo that starts about 2 minutes in. If guitars can weep, yours was wailing. Good job!
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Ferryman

This is great Bluesberry, very strong song. There's a lot to like about this, but one thing that grabbed me was the intro - very dramatic start that really draws you in right from the off. The guitar solos are particularly strong, powerful without being over complex and it's a great guitar sound that really suits the song. The drum programming is very good as well, some nice little changes in there. It's also a real grower, a good structure that really gets inside your head. There's definitely an NY influence in there, especially the "They've sown the wind..." section but actually other parts of the song don't sound that NY to me, they sound more Bluesberry to me!

Great stuff, very well done indeed.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

BB you have moved into a different place now
This is just awesome the constuction the lyrics the vox and that sublime guitar
This should define your future stuff
your are now truly a songwriter! Well Done!
you have moved to a different level!