"Coming Storm" (original)

Started by Bluesberry, July 31, 2009, 06:47:25 PM

Bluesberry

Coming Storm
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I finally got this damn song finished.  I started before the Neilfest, but then it took a backseat when the Neilfest sucked me in, then other life duties got in the way, then Woodstockfest sucked me in for a bit, finally I got back to it and finished er up this week.  I felt like writing a bit of a rocker (for me anyway), so here it is.  Les Paul for the solos for that snarl.  My Harmony-G helped with the harmonies (for those that need to know  ;))   Let me know what you think of this one.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

You know what's comin'.....

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Excellent driving rhythm, and love those solo breaks. The verse vocal lines are great - that Harmony-G work is big time cool. Original as hell!!

You tha Man, BB - On my second listen right now. I'll be playing this one for a while!!

Peace, bro!!

Mark

P.S. That lead work is awesome!! You whipped out a big 'ol can of "F$#k Yeah" while making this!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Thanks Mark, I knew you would appreciate this one.  When laying down those solos I felt like it was me and my guitar against the whole world, all problems could be solved with that LesPaul. I almost felt like the rain and howling wind was coming right into the room while playing. Funny stuff this songwriting hu?  Thanks for being the first to listen to my new song, I can now drink red ale and relax for a few days.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pine

Hey BB..Excellent job on this one. Old deafdog can even hear the lyrics...and your vox...what ya been doin', practicing scales? Not a bad note to be heard...best vox yet!
The mix was good...not sure what a harmony g is...a harmonizer unit? Works well and added alot. Gotta say this though...it appears that you and i both have been severely influenced , perhaps subconsciously, by Neil Young. This screams Neil Young! I hear a melody shadow of Heart of Gold and your lead playing...in notes and in tones, has a Neil feel. i LOVED that one really high note and the outro was too cool. Very emotional and unorthodox and unpredictable. Me thinks ye deserves at least two red ales for this fine effort!!  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ted

Straight to PiePod -- without even a listen.  I'm taking this on vacation with me.  I'll be in San Francisco when I give it my first listen.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Oh yeah BB!!!! If you posted this on the Neilfest everyone would believe it was a Neil-song!! It's reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally good !!

Great singing too!! And I don't mind some G-harmonies ;D

Guitarwork is super and the production is just brilliant !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Diego Ayala

Man, I was just getting ready to go to bed...  This is awesome - just truly woke me up!   Everything sounds so well mixed, and the voice/chorus fits like a glove.  I'll be sharing this one with my kids!  Just got done posting a couple of songs and recorded while practicing for a gig!  And  thought of listening to a new posting before hitting the sack.  This is truly an excellent song!

Facemask93

Your guitar works is amazing BB , what a brilliant song  , also i think that you have written a song that suits your vocal style emmensely , your harmony G is a tool that should be used wisely though, it does give some very interesting results , and i cant say i would'nt like to try one , because i would , but that said , this is a wonderful song and you deserve all the credit thats going mate.
As Neil once said it's all about the Muse , and you for one certainly give your all to that on this site , well done mate

Yes this will be downloaded and added to all all the other great songs

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

OsCKilO

epic. . . . . . .

Am stunned bb.. . . .

This is truly amazing!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

StevieM

Damn, that's good!! Sort of Neil Young meets Leon Russel meets Joe Cocker, but still all you 8)
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!