Move it !! (original)

Started by Geir, July 28, 2009, 09:37:59 AM

tafka

Smeggin' AWESOME!
its not the last time i will hear this for sure.
found someone here faster that "the Manx Missile"

T.
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

hardlock

Love it!  Killer tune, great arranging and playing.  This shows there is more to hard rock than quantity of notes, distortion level, and repetition.  Very well done in all areas!

My only complaint (and believe me it's very hard to even mention) is the lack of that one full-on crash, power chord, ending?  (or maybe that's just me?)  :)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

ksauers

What do you mean? With my headphones on........I can sure as hell hear those Marshall's brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I miss mine too! My wife doesn't!

Wiley

JUst a superb song Geir.  It does really drive.  Hey you want to go on a tractor ride in a few weeks.  Naw it might be a little slow for you. LOL

Bluesberry

Quote from: wiley on July 28, 2009, 05:25:48 PMJUst a superb song Geir.  It does really drive.  Hey you want to go on a tractor ride in a few weeks.  Naw it might be a little slow for you. LOL

How about this one, fast enough for Geir?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

Great driven tune with a real catchy hook. You don't need that Marshall, you have an MR!!

Oldrottenhead

downloaded this at the library straight onto my mbr,, gaun yersel geir magic as ever.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Really cool tune Geir - I really dig this!!  Sounds Satriani inspired to me - kinda like a Banana-Mango on speed!!  Luv the hard driving nature of this tune!!

Sounds like a Marshall stack belting this out to me dude - oh maybe it's just the Marshall stack in my head....
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Sorry for the bump(s) ... Just wanted to say thank you for the kind comments !!!

This tune started as a "jam" in my old band LiFF around 1994. We never finished it so I picked it up last week, and realised my fingers are NOT as fast as they once was. Had to practice for 3-4 days before I managed to play the fast parts (the em-riff and the ending of the first solo). I've adding some new parts but the major riffs and powerchord bridge is the original.

Quote from: launched on July 28, 2009, 11:02:28 AMI agree with Ron - A hard driving masterpiece. The guitar work is incredible. And drums sound really good - Maybe elaborate when you get back. I can't get that kind of snare sound(Are you changing the reverb or something?)
the drums uses are the "HEAVY" kit on the mbr and I think I used dance-comp mastering effect. The drums don't fit perfect everywhere, and I'm sure my brother (and drummer in LiFF) will be pissed, but it was as close as I could get with the mbr-patterns !!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

Rock on Geir
Great Stuff the Drums are particularly sweeeeet!
and the driving Bass keeps well driving
and of course killer licks