The amusing (and random) personal anecdote thread

Started by Blooby, July 27, 2009, 06:58:05 PM

Hilary

Ooooh yeah - I was MCing a gig in a lovely seaside hotel which had a huge glass window looking out onto the seafront. The room was a funny shape so I was kind of round the corner while another act was on. A man outside had decided to repeated press his naked genitalia against the window to the onlooking audience (the act and myself were completely oblivous although the audience were laughing!). If this weren't enough, I went out to change post gig and missed a fight!

Living the dream!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

Okay, okay - a story of personal embarrassment.

Many, many moons ago - as a teenager, and post going to a gig - was with a bunch of mates in London. We stopped off for a late night burger in Burger King. So in the queue, someone mentioned that they were running a promotion of, it you ordered a burger and said "It's flamin tasty" - you got a free one extra! Well never being one to reject something for nothing, I spend the rest of the time in the queue building up the courage to do the deed. When it came to my turn, I ordered and then mumbled "its flamin tasty". "Wot???" was the reply. So I said in a much louder voice, "ITS FLAMIN TASTY". "No mate, that finished last week". Dooh.

Embarrassed? Moi? Just a tad!!!

To this day, I always have a rye smile every time I go past BK  ;D ;D ;D

After all - "IT FLAMIN TASTY"

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600