where he once began ( Facemask93 Original )

Started by Facemask93, July 05, 2009, 03:46:41 PM

Facemask93

Yeah , one and one only AndyR , working on one more with a friend , hope this kickstarts the idea's---cheer's mate

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

AndyR

That's superb - keep it up, sky's the limit :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Bosko Schwartz

Are you f-ing kidding me, Facemask?  Did I read that correctly -- this is the first song you've ever written?  Jesus Christ, this is ridiculous.  If I posted the first song I ever wrote, I'd be laughed off the forum.  People have had some really incredible things to say about my music, and every word is appreciated ... but I had the luxury of sort of working out a lot of the kinks before joining this forum.  Now, if you're going to tell me this is your first song and first attempt at recording, I may just give up music altogether, because there is no competing with you.  I'm kidding, of course -- great musicians like you are more inspirational than anything.  But just how much are you going to evolve in a year?  5 years?  It's scary to think about how good you could get. :o

This is just a beautiful, mellow song, and yes, definitely has old Floyd written all over it.  I love the lack of percussion in this one.  Sometimes people think every song needs drums; and most songs do, but some don't.  Your vocals blow me away.  You might be my favorite singer in this forum -- and as you know, that is saying A LOT.  Do you listen to a lot of psychedelia and prog from the early 70s?

The guitar solo definitely needs to come up; I will agree with that.  Other than that, I hear a near-perfect production.

Blown the F away :o is what I am after just two listens.  I need to hear more, period.  Before I heard the song, I saw that it was like 10:23 long, and I said to myself, "Oh shit, this is going to be WAY too long."  Then I listened, and noticed that the length wasn't accurate.  Then, I was disappointed that it didn't go on for 10 minutes.  Or 20. ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Facemask93

Thanks Bosko , my first attempt on this forum was a cover , John barlycorn , but this is my first songwriting attempt , i've always felt i could do it , but it just never happened , i'm positive that this site has helped me enormously to move forword , and hope that it will carry on having that effect in the future-----to answer your other question , yes i love psychedelia and i've just about seen every band going ,but this love affair with the acoustic guitar draws me back to listen to the same people time after time , Roy Harper being the main one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DwPhnxTNI , Ralph Mctell , Cat stevens , Bob Dylan , Donovan , all of these are great story teller's , and are able to place an image in your mind with their songwriting ,this is what i would aspire to if i could , many thanks for your kind words Bosko mate

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

guitarron

just havin' another listen-it's great to hear floyd is back together with a new song-when are they coming to Detroit?

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

Quote from: facemask93 on July 10, 2009, 07:07:46 PMto answer your other question , yes i love psychedelia and i've just about seen every band going ,but this love affair with the acoustic guitar draws me back to listen to the same people time after time , Roy Harper being the main one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DwPhnxTNI , Ralph Mctell , Cat stevens , Bob Dylan , Donovan , all of these are great story teller's , and are able to place an image in your mind with their songwriting ,this is what i would aspire to if i could , many thanks for your kind words Bosko mate

Facemask93

You are on the cat stevens/Mctell Level..........

This is all I can comment on as it is all I know....

Are they classed as psychedelia ?

Cat stevens is the King of song writing..... I Learned my finger picking style watching one of his Youtube Vids a year ago....

Your song writing is awesome!

You have really unleashed a beast!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

F**KING HELL!

ROY HARPER IS AWESOME!

Just watched the You Tube Vid!!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Facemask93

No i dont class these as psychadelia , these are just people i'm drawn to over and over again , listen to this ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VHc13c8O_U then get the album

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

Just how do you do that Youtube link , thats amazing cheer's T

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

- Roy Harper