What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

TPB

John Grissam  And the new recording manual for Mixcraft
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Speed Demon

Fire and Fury - Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff

I'm listening to the audiobook.

The paperback should be no more than three pages.

Page 1. Moron
Page 2. Asshole
Page 3. Return to page 1

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Vanncad

I got three books for Christmas:
  • Greg Allman "My Cross to Bear"
  • "Escaping the Delta - Robert Johnson and the Invention of the Blues"
  • Gordon Lightfoot's Biography

I already read the first two and I am starting the Gordon Lightfoot book tonight.

Greg Allman's book was good. I'm not a die-hard Allman Brothers fan, but it was a good read and I would recommend it for anyone who wants a little history of the band.

The "Escaping the Delta" book is great for any old-school blues fans. It gives a lot of info about the blues artists that came before Robert Johnson and how they influenced the music of guys like Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf. The author goes into the meanings of some of the lyrics and it's kind of neat to hear some of the innuendos they came up with for songs in the 1930's.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

currently reading  Can't Stand Up For Falling Down: Rock'n'Roll War Stories
By Allan Jones i haven't laughed so much in ages.

here is an extract, that involves XTC and David Byrne of Talking Heads, i warn you it is very rude but absolutely hilarious. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=3D8wDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA187&lpg=PA187&dq=xtc+david+byrne+allan+jones&source=bl&ots=vlPW1V2n7q&sig=9FVuzYm9h1sS7w9zrQTjXDTgV7M&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjd6uvN8N7YAhVSI1AKHbkeCTkQ6AEIOTAG#v=onepage&q=xtc%20david%20byrne%20allan%20jones&f=false
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

unfortunately link only gives first paragraph of story i wanted to share.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveB

Well, now, some very, very intelligent people at Photobucket.com have decided to end their free photo-hosting site and now require punters using Photobucket to stump up almost $400 per year for the once-free service.
Well yeah guys I can see how attractive that's gonna be to the average Joe  -  not. So, presumably like hundreds or thousands of others I've closed my Photobucket account. As I get time and inclination I'll re-upload photos etc, as I survey the wreckage that once was Photobucket.   ::)

By the way, I'd like to thank All the contributors to this thread - I've just re-read the whole lot, (looking for Photobucket photo-holders to remove or replace), and there really are some fascinating insights into reading habits. Well done everyone.  :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Speed Demon

$400.00 per year to put photos online. Are these people brain-damaged?
A lot cheaper to just email the photos to whomever you wish to see them.

On the other hand, there is always that select few who like leaning into financial left hooks.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

Mike_S

Bruce Dickinsons autobiography... Only read a few chapters so far but not too bad so far.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Hilary

Quote from: cuthbert on October 22, 2016, 08:12:10 PMOther than tons of reading for work (linux, bash, and shell scripting - not enticing to most people, nor frequently even to me), I've been dipping back into Conan Doyle's macabre short stories, mixed up with snatches of stories by Bram Stoker, H.P. Lovecraft, and Sheridan Le Fanu - you know, fun stuff! :D

Fun times!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Speed Demon

Acquire a copy of The Snowman by Jo Nesbo.
A creepy, scary story for sure.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition