What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

Migs

Reading this because Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett's Good Omens is one of my favourite books.

Fender 50s Reissue Tele (Mex) - blonde
Takamine EF-389 12 String Accoustic/Electric
Peavey Bandit 75; VOX AC30
Boss ME 50; Boss Micro BR; Kaossilator !

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bobtail

I'm reading "Life" which is an Autobiography by Keith Richards.Its not too bad, not as good as some others Ive read about rock stars.I've just borrowed it and am up to the last chapter now.

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

maxit

this novel by mark twain, amazing story construction. I should read to daughters but sometimes they catch me reading it by myself lol... 
recorder
Audacity

maxit

and.. steven king is an amazing writer too, spent my youth terrorizing me on his (big) books. I still have a thrill when I remember this one...

in the 80 the horror must be the trend cause I rememeber a lot of films and books 
recorder
Audacity

ODH

Excellent in depth coverage of the formative music of my life.  Good insight into the post punk scene on both sides of the Atlantic. Last night I was reading about the synth pop revolution around 79-80
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

thetworegs

Spike Milligan The Looney an Irish Fantasy......an excellent read the mans a dead genius"........

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

antisocialworker

just finished "the corps" series by W.E.B. Griffen.....

gonna re-read my fav "the celestine prophecy" by James Redfield

SteveB

Am in the process of finishing this one.
Apparently Europe wasn't very nice in 1824 (so, what's new??).
Anti-libertarian was the norm, and definitely not the place to introduce a choral
symphony proclaiming the brotherhood of mankind.
It is also sobering to think that, were we somehow transported back there to hear
the new Beethoven work, although we'd recognise the toon of the Ninth, esp 4th Mvt,
the sound would quickly jar on our modern ears. No such thing as a symphony orchestra,
mainly a collection of trained musicians of varying ability, also amateurs thrown in, sight-reading
poor copies of smudged music sheets. Not a promising start for what would become the EU's
official anthem. Well worth a read this book.  :)

Ninth-1824.jpg
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon