What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

Frank53

I'm with Bosko. What is this reading of which you speak?
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

guitarron

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on July 10, 2009, 05:33:54 PMYou guys seriously have time to read?? ??? ??? ???

I am truly stunned.
exactly what i was thinking

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Flash Harry

If I could carry my guitar on my bike and play it on the train to work I would, but I can't and I have an hour to fill. This 'reading' stuff occupies my mind during this 'wasted' period and the book I have just finished was the brutally funny 'the war of Don Emanuel's nether parts'. Hysterical.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

SteveB

FHY - Bet you encountered some bemused looks from others', then?   :)
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SteveB

In light of BSZ's successful completion of his Opus: Death Of The Sun. Just an update with the book I'm reading (Cover featured above somewhere), on the making of Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of the Moon. (Hey, if BSZ's Concept premise were true, there really would be dark sides to the Moon!).
This book is to do with the physical nature of how the songs were put together, and just shows how far recording technology has progressed in 40 years, and how we really are privelleged to live in a time when we all can at least attempt to put together our own visions. Imagine have to cut lengths of tape precisely, and then stick the lengths together to make sound breaks, or loops, or song endings??
We have hit the jackpot, Guys & Gals. Let's keep making music!

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 12, 2009, 05:38:42 AMwhats the welsh for zen by john cale is an excellent read http://www.amazon.co.uk/Whats-Welsh-Zen-Autobiography-John/dp/0747546223

I have a book called "Zen for sheep". It has lots of pictures....

Tony W

Who has time to read a book when there is so much to keep up on in this forum alone?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

Quote from: Tony W on July 13, 2009, 02:20:29 PMWho has time to read a book when there is so much to keep up on in this forum alone?

I find there are somethings you just wanna learn, that you cant learn in forums or online...I make time, when its something you are interested in the time is there. 

[edit]...and all of this comes from a guy who doesnt/didnt like to read.

Greeny

Roberto Bolano - The Savage Detectives. Some strange Mexican tale of poetry and driving. It's pretty good.