What Book Are You Currently Reading?

Started by SteveB, July 03, 2009, 02:53:03 AM

SteveB

Thought I'd start a Book-Reading thread. Music & Literature are often co-inspirational.

I'm reading this at the mo. Don Felder's take on his life in the Eagles.
Seems a pretty laid-back and immensely-talented guy, who suffered most of the accompanying disappointments and frustrations of being a musician, but then hit it BIG.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

SteveB

Am travelling to my Family's place over the weekend, and so in light of the recent 2nd court case, I'm packing this to re-read a gripping account of Phil and his musical and personal odyssey.

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Satchwood

I'm reading "I am Legend" and some books by Dean Koontz like Frankenstein...Lightning.....

I agree reading and music go together personally very well........

I also like reading technical books on subjects such as time travel, parallel universes, engineering mechanics, relativity, quantuum physics, mathematics, and of course digital recording!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Bro

Not reading anything right now. Ask me when I'm on vacation in a couple of weeks, and i'll have something for you.

But i just recently finished a book by Dan Brown called (translated directly into english from danish) Murderish Betrayal. About a great discovery from Nasa and some political problems gets thrown in there too. I'm not going to spoil more :) But its a great book and i really recommend it! I'm a big fan of Dan Browns books, and if you are too. You should definitely read this one! It's great!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Greeny

Quote from: SteveB on July 03, 2009, 01:30:58 PMAm travelling to my Family's place over the weekend, and so in light of the recent 2nd court case, I'm packing this to re-read a gripping account of Phil and his musical and personal odyssey.

I haven't seen this before - but I'm sure gonna get it now! Looks great. Cheers.

Saijinn Maas

I am currently reading "The Strain" by Guillermo Del Torro

And I am about to start "To Live Is To Die: The Life and Death of Metallica's Cliff Burton" by Joel McIver.

SteveB

Quote from: Greeny on July 03, 2009, 05:55:02 PMI haven't seen this before - but I'm sure gonna get it now! Looks great. Cheers.

GNY - This was purchased from HMV(UK) sometime last year. Given the recent media coverage of PS's legal proceedings, I would surmise that it would still be freely available (Possibly an updated version is already in the Galleys). It is quite an outstanding read, and as far as I recall, there are quite a few pages devoted to Phil's involvement with your favourite 1960s Pop Group - both as a collective, and individuals. It's well worth searching out.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

SteveB

Yep, the book about Phil Spector was a decent re-read. I'm afraid Little Phil has been a bit too handy with the firearms over the years. The World will allow Artists' a lot of licence, esp when they're entertaining the cr*p outta It on the dancefloor, but cross a certain line and the World stands up to you and gets nasty. Always leave them wanting more, eh?

Anyway, to put food on the table, and more importantly D'Addario EXL110s on my Strat copy, it's necessary for StevieB to travel about for a certain number of days per week. Unfortunately, the Strat-copy stays home, and the only musical item I have is my (Ahem) voice, and the ever-present Pen & Paper. And so if I can't make music, well I can certainly read about it. And do you know what's been happening over the last few days? In dreams or upon awakening, I'm starting to remember lines and choruses from the songs on this Forum: BSZ's Samaanya (?) keeps trundling through there, FRK's flute melody from his film-score music was with me in the shower today, and after a recent cat-nap FMK's Where He Once Began almost certainly reminded me of this lot below singing about The Lunatic On The Grass! (Well done to ALL of you, by the way). So on my trip from tomorrow, I'm taking the book below, which I read a couple of years ago, but I'm one of these types that, as long as it's something that interests me, I can re-read a subject endlessly.  :)

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

Sprocket

Buddhism Plain and Simple by Steve Hagen

Bosko Schwartz

You guys seriously have time to read?? ??? ??? ???

I am truly stunned.
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels