Post your recent concert reviews here

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

Blooby

Had an eventful week.  Saw Darrell Scott and Tim O'Brien again in Savannah.  What I took away from the romantic getaway with my girlfriend is that there is no open container law downtown.  When the waitress asked if I'd like my Guinness "to go," I nearly wept open tears of glee.

I then went to the the 10th annual Wanee festival, most closely associated with The Allman Brothers.  Saw Gov't Mule, The Tedeschi Trucks Band, Matt Scofield, The Allman Brothers twice, Umphrey's McGee, Dumpstafunk doing Zeppelin, Bobby Lee Rodgers thrice, Jaimoe's Jasssz Band, The Chris Robinson Brotherhood, and moe.  I'm sure I'm leaving somebody out. Great vibe in a bucolic, naturally beautiful setting on the Suwanee River.  The weekend I look forward to most out of the year.

High point were that The Brothers broke out "Seven Turns" and "True Gravity" for the first time in 15 years or so.  Good stuff.

Blooby

Vanncad

Saw Sabbath at Bud Gardens, London Ontario.
They absoutely nailed the old tunes! The new stuff was pretty good too.
Ozzy had a couple "moments" where it sounded like he went tone deaf and was singing no where near key, but the majority of the night was great.

The band was tighter than a bulfrog's ass. The drummer even did a 10 minute "old school" drum solo.
It was a really great night.

I had to give a presentation at a conference in Brantford the next morning, and my ears were still ringing. I even met a guy at the conference who went to the concert and was sitting directly across from me on the other side of the arena. Small world. We compared pictures, and it was pretty cool to see the different stage perspective. I was on Tony Iommi's side and he was on Geezer's side.

This was the highlight for me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf9fXlZ1jD4
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Flash Harry

Vintage Trouble, Cockpit, Leeds.

They were on form. Always worth catching them is you can.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Burtog

Last night I went to see Pearl Jam at the FDarena in Leeds, my hometown.

They were really going for it, no support act, over three and a half hours played. I was stood for over five hours in total, my legs ached like hell when I got home.

Top band and fantastic to see the amazing new arena, very proud its in Leeds!
recorder
Boss BR-800

IanR

Quote from: Burtog on July 09, 2014, 11:29:53 AMLast night I went to see Pearl Jam at the FDarena in Leeds, my hometown.

They were really going for it, no support act, over three and a half hours played. I was stood for over five hours in total, my legs ached like hell when I got home.

Top band and fantastic to see the amazing new arena, very proud its in Leeds!

This sounds great but five hours is about four hours more than I could handle.  I need to sit down for my entertainment these days.  :)

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Greeny

Saw Kate Bush on Friday night at her 22 date 'Before the Dawn' residency at Hammersmith Apollo.

Quite unbelievable. I haven't got over the emotion and awe yet.

Having been a huge fan since I was 15, there is no other recording artist who comes close to her in my favourites list. Even The Beatles and The Doors. So when she walked out on stage, it was pretty electrifying and mesmerising. Like a dream, really.

She doesn't do a 'greatest hits', and it's not a conventional gig. It's a proper theatrical production in three acts (over 3 hours), with a narrative running through most of it. The stage designs and visual impact are stunning.

Too many highlights to mention, but it was one of her more recent songs 'King of the Mountain' that really blew me away. Done live, it was so powerful.

Her vocals were incredible throughout, and she genuinely looked happy. You can imagine the audience reaction - she surely must have felt the love.

Can sum it up in one appropriate word: WOW!

Oldrottenhead

so jealous tim. i hope there is a dvd or even a tour.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

ODH

You obviously had a brilliant time, Tim. Thanks for giving us a little insight.

Still dead jealous though...
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

thetworegs

I tried for tickets but failed ....pleased someone I know got to enjoy the show ....as others have said dead Jealous hopefully she will take the tour on the road...

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

AndyR

Nice one Tim :) we're going on the 27th.

Is the audience still respecting the no cameras/phones? I was DREADING sitting behind rows of bright screens (and my missus was dreading me breaking ipads over heads!!) - so I was really relieved when KB made the request and it got honoured at the first few gigs.

Anyway, I think you can GUARANTEE a dvd, guys... but I strongly suspect she won't tour, though... :(
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1