Post your recent concert reviews here

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

Quote from: bruno on October 01, 2015, 02:13:50 PMHere's some video of the gig I took on my Blackberry.

How cool.  I just love his playing, and t e crowd is right there with him. Oh, how I wish I could play with his taste. So happy I have seen him, Waters, and Floyd (although never at the same time...doh!).

Somehow, knowing the person who took the videos makes them all the more intriguing.

Thanks for posting.

Blooby

kenny mac

Just saw the stranglers on Saturday and the lifted the room off the place.
Transported me right back to the sweaty days of small venues and big sound.
All the gear,amp stacks keyboards,drums where all white.
An impressive scene.
There was something magical about the rawness of it all and the band was so tight.
Even before they came on we were treated to the support of Wales outfit The Alarm, and let me tell you they were worth the ticket price themselves.
All in all a cool music injection that breathed life back into the clinically digital soiled masses.
Here's to punk.

SharksDontSleep

Quote from: kenny mac on March 06, 2016, 03:02:12 PMJust saw the stranglers on Saturday and the lifted the room off the place.

Even before they came on we were treated to the support of Wales outfit The Alarm, and let me tell you they were worth the ticket price themselves.

Here's to punk.
I love The Stranglers live. First time I saw them was in 1978, just before the release of No More Heroes.
Last time in 2011, with Wilko Johnson supporting (before he was diagnosed). Brilliant night & if I'm honest Wilko stole the show.  :o
Here's to punk.
Oh yes indeed. :)

ODH

Quote from: kenny mac on March 06, 2016, 03:02:12 PMJust saw the stranglers on Saturday and the lifted the room off the place.

I'm going to see them tomorrow night in Cardiff.  I've seen the reviews of the shows on facebook in this tour and I just can't wait.  The Black and White album they're doing is definitely one of my top 5 all time faves.

Properly excited.

I'll post my review.

Quote from: SharksDontSleep on March 07, 2016, 12:12:35 AMBrilliant night & if I'm honest Wilko stole the show.  :o

I've seen Wilko somewhere over 15 times (I lost count how many) and he is a force of nature. 
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hook

It's so cool that you guys go see live music, I don't do anything. Sadly this anything that I imply is exhausting  and leaves me asleep by dark. I have to make sure to get a nap on days I have a late night gig...I'm so sad...so sad...  ...  ...  have fun at your show!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

ODH

Quote from: Hook on March 17, 2016, 04:24:28 AMIt's so cool that you guys go see live music, I don't do anything. Sadly this anything that I imply is exhausting  and leaves me asleep by dark. I have to make sure to get a nap on days I have a late night gig...I'm so sad...so sad...  ...  ...  have fun at your show!
Rock on!

It's the first concert I've been to since April 2013 (Buzzcocks), in the month before my daughter was born.

Hilary

Quote from: Hook on March 17, 2016, 04:24:28 AMI have to make sure to get a nap on days I have a late night gig...I'm so sad...so sad...  ...  ... 

Me too!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

SharksDontSleep

Quote from: ODH on March 17, 2016, 04:03:39 AMI'm going to see them tomorrow night in Cardiff.  I've seen the reviews of the shows on facebook in this tour and I just can't wait.  The Black and White album they're doing is definitely one of my top 5 all time faves.

Properly excited.

I'll post my review.
I've seen Wilko somewhere over 15 times (I lost count how many) and he is a force of nature. 
Wow. That's a brilliant album. second only to Rattus Norvegicus in my humble opinion.
Also you're a lucky man to have seen Wilko that amount of times. He is indeed a force of nature & above all else a genuinely likeable character, as well as a guitar god.
Quote from: ODH on March 17, 2016, 04:31:35 AMIt's the first concert I've been to since April 2013 (Buzzcocks), in the month before my daughter was born.
Buzzcocks ... I've just posted a version of Love You More. It's not really finished yet, but after reading your post here, I had to share it :)
Going to see Shonen Knife next month. Looking forward that, especially as I missed the last gig I had tickets for (Peter Hook & The Light) with an inner ear infection. I couldn't stop the room spinning, so couldn't drive. Really gutted as it happened on the day of the gig & Peter Hook is my all time bass God.

ODH

Had an excellent night with the Stranglers last night.

They did the whole of Black & White then went on to two hours. I have no voice this morning.

Last time I went to a gig in this venue (Cardiff Students Union) I was out of place in a sea of teenagers.  This time though probably two thirds were gnarly blokes in their fifties like me.

Here's a video I took for some flavour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmXJdfq8_x4