Post your recent concert reviews here

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

Mike_S

California Breed has Glenn Hughes singing, doesn't it... great singer.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Quote from: Mike_S on November 29, 2014, 05:36:37 AMCalifornia Breed has Glenn Hughes singing, doesn't it... great singer.

Right Mike ! And he's got some vocal range - hits those high notes !
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

chapperz66

Gill and I went to see a fantastic English folk trio called Leverett in Northampton last night.  Fiddle player and two melodeons.  Great gig , if a little traditional.

The venue was a fantastic church that I had parked outside numerous times over the years and yet, to my my shame, I had never actually noticed the building.  It turns out to be one of only four round churches in Britain, built by a Norman knight on his return from the First Crusade to the holy lands in 1096.  There are still clearly visible marks on the pillars made by the swords of knights departing on subsequent crusades.  I am not a particularly spiritual person, but I actually found it quite moving to be in a place of such antiquity.

The only building people normally mention in respect of Northampton is the monumentally ugly 1960's bus depot - I seem to remember it winning some spoof award for the most hideous building in the country, so its nice to see something local that is a bit more uplifting.

Paul

Burtog

I went to see Ryan Adams at the Leeds O2 Academy a couple of weeks back, the guys is a bit of a Diva but an absolut pro performer and superb vocalist, love his acoustic work.

Natalie Prass supported him, she is well worth checking out too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FIw7ERlVxU
recorder
Boss BR-800

thetworegs

Went to see Doors Alive at the picturdome in Holmfirth on Friday and they were excellent the music the vocal both excellent ...well worth seeing Jim lives..... A full 2 hour show covering all the bases if you get a chance go to see them it's as close as you'll get to a real doors concert it makes you realise how good they were and how they must have stood out to there audience of the late 60s http://www.thedoorsalive.co.uk .. Hard to say what song stood out most ... But changeling is stuck in my mind as it's one I don't think the Doors ever got the chance to perform live ado theirs from the LA women album .... Anyway if you get the chance go it's a cracking night...got the Rival sons on the 28th of this month at the Leeds O2 academy I'll let you know how it goes....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

ODH

Quote from: thetworegs on March 09, 2015, 03:58:52 PMWent to see Doors Alive at the picturdome in Holmfirth on Friday and they were excellent the music the vocal both excellent ...well worth seeing Jim lives..... A full 2 hour show covering all the bases if you get a chance go to see them it's as close as you'll get to a real doors concert it makes you realise how good they were and how they must have stood out to there audience of the late 60s

I like the sound of that.  Bristol gig in May might be one I try to get to
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

thetworegs

went to see the Rival sons last night in Leeds a fab gig with both the support The London Souls only two of them guitar vocal and drums who were great and the sons were great too the vocalist was on form along with the Guitarist had a real 70's feel to them an excellent night if you get the chance to see either band go for it you won't be dissapointed

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Blooby

I absolutely love The London Souls although I prefer it when they have a bass player. They are the band that is saving rock and roll for me right now. I will be seeing them in a bar that holds less than 100 or so within the month. Their first disc was recorded at Abbey Roads, and their new one is due out in a few weeks.  I will have to check out The Rival Sons.

Blooby

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Blooby on March 29, 2015, 02:29:49 PMI absolutely love The London Souls although I prefer it when they have a bass player. They are the band that is saving rock and roll for me right now. I will be seeing them in a bar that holds less than 100 or so within the month. Their first disc was recorded at Abbey Roads, and their new one is due out in a few weeks.  I will have to check out The Rival Sons.

Blooby

First time for me with this band, and I absolutely love this song.

The guitarist has a passing resemblance and sound to Lenny Kravitz, and the vocal interplay between him and the drummer is excellent and quite unique

Love seeing power trio's like this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Have tickets to see Mark Knopfler in Dublin in May. Am very excited as he's just one of a handful of true guitar greats left i think (from my era anyway). Will post a review next month!!
recorder
iPad GarageBand