Post your recent concert reviews here

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

Oldrottenhead

brilliant joe. i am so jealous never ever got to see the man live. yet. is now on my to do list.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

hey cuthbert thanks i didn't know that robyn hitchcock had a new album out. just got it and  it is fabulous i know its a mix of originals and covers but he owns every one. his take on the doors crystal ship is awesome. the entire album is. i dont know yet what the other covers are they are so his now.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

Just back from seeing Robert plant at the O2 in Leeds a fab gig it's the 3rd time now I've seen mr plant and his voice sounds better each time I hear it . He masterful with audience and the band were great very entertaining. The Zep song he did we're excellent Going to California whole lotta love babe I'm leaving and rock n roll all done with a morrocan twist were the highlight of the show. The songs from the new album too little maggie turn it up rainbow all excellent. All in all a fab gig if you get a chance go see him you won't be dissapointed.

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: thetworegs on November 17, 2014, 05:45:19 PMJust back from seeing Robert plant at the O2 in Leeds a fab gig it's the 3rd time now I've seen mr plant and his voice sounds better each time I hear it . He masterful with audience and the band were great very entertaining. The Zep song he did we're excellent Going to California whole lotta love babe I'm leaving and rock n roll all done with a morrocan twist were the highlight of the show. The songs from the new album too little maggie turn it up rainbow all excellent. All in all a fab gig if you get a chance go see him you won't be dissapointed.

Thanks for the review Regs! I'd like to see Robert Plant in concert. The bits I've seen of him on TV sound great as he ages but he seems to shy away from those young Robert Plant high notes.. Did he sing the Zep songs in a lower tuning/voice register or did he belt them out?

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Farrell Jackson

Two weeks ago, Gayle and I went to see America in concert. Just the two of the main members (Dewey Bunnell and Gerry Beckley) were there with a younger backing band of good musicians. They were a 5 piece with each member trading off  on various instruments like piano, acoustic guitar, banjo, harmonica. They played a variety of their songs from the beginning to the now. The first two songs were a bit rough on the mix but on the third song it all came together and was great to the end. For some reason the sound man had Gerry Beckley's voice pushed some in the upper frequencies which took getting used to. They have a new album out called Back Pages. It's an album of covers...as Gerry Beckley put it "songs we wish we had written". It includes some Neil Young and Joni Mitchell songs which they played. I guess what I appreciated the most about this concert is there wasn't any studio magic tricks used at all. They came across as a regular, but very good, normal 5 piece band. Of course they received a standing ovation and returned to end the evening with the perfect song, Horse With No Name.

Definitely worth the $49 ticket price.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

thetworegs

I never realised while watching but now you mention it Farrell it was mostly his lower reigister but was still Fantastic to hear !!  I did record a couple of the Zep songs on my iPhone I haven't had a cchance to listen to them yet but if they are any good and not blown out ill  email you them.....

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: thetworegs on November 18, 2014, 09:56:54 AMI did record a couple of the Zep songs on my iPhone I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet but if they are any good and not blown out ill  email you them.....

That would be great Regs...thanks

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Blooby

Saw Dave Mason's Traffic Jam last night locally for $12.00. Still sings and plays great. He was pretty humorous as well.

Blooby

40,000 Headmen
Pearly Queen
Medicated Goo
Rock And Roll Stew
Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys
Dear Mr. Fantasy
We Just Disagree
World Of Changes
How Do I Get To Heaven
Good 2 U
Only You Know And I Know
Let It Go, Let It Flow
Feelin’ Alright
All Along The Watchtower

Pete C

Saw Slash with Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators last night in Manchester, England.
Great gig with plenty of old G n R songs, a few Velvet Revolver numbers and stuff from his own album.
Support band was California Breed, Jason Bonham's band, although he's not on tour with them. First time I've heard them but they were good too.

All in all a great evening!
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800