Post your recent concert reviews here

Started by Blooby, June 07, 2009, 07:09:47 PM

launched

Quote from: Sprocket on June 08, 2009, 11:32:48 AMLAst year I saw the Police reunion tour, Black Sabbath with Ronnie Jame Dio(Heaven And Hell) with Queensryche and Alice Cooper. And I also got to see the VanHalen reunion tour. Oh yeah, and Joe Banamassa too!

Would have loved to see the Police for posterity's sake.

I did manage to catch the early end of the Heaven and Hell tour - The biggest treat was that Megadeth played. I've seen them twice before and it sucks Marty and Dave aren't around anymore, but Mustaine was so kick ass I was floored - he did almost all the solos too!! We showed up late and missed quite a bit, but they had way more energy than than the headliner. People were actually leaving not long after Megadeth finished. Helluva show though...

Sadly nothing this year, though  :(
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Ferryman

Last gig I saw was Muse at Wembley last year. Truly amazing. Missed getting tickets for the O2 shows this year, damn, don't want to pay £100 price on the second hand market.

Am taking the family to Guilfest in July this year, will see Athlete, The Charlatans, Joe Bonamassa and Brian Wilson.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Nigel,

I was at the Wembley Muse gig on the first night and your are right, it was truly amazing. Without meaning to rub it in I did manage to get tickets on Friday morning for one of the o2 shows.

Last gig I was at was Elbow at Wembley Arena in March, which was a truimphant night for a band who have, at last, got the recognition they so deserve. Will be seeing Elbow again in August as they are supporting U2 at Wembley Stadium.

Seeing my three favourite bands in the space of a few months...it don't get any better than that!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 08, 2009, 04:26:57 PMAm taking the family to Guilfest in July this year, will see Athlete, The Charlatans, Joe Bonamassa and Brian Wilson.

I'd have been at that (it's very local to me!), but can't make it this year. Joe Bonamassa and Brian Wilson on the same bill - that's a real treat! I liked the Charlatans in their day too. I also recommend 'Weyfest' in September which is near Farnham, for a low-key music day out in the country. Sadly it's grown to big for me to play there now. I believe Jethro Tull are topping the bill this year.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!

The Reverend 48

Blooby I am so jealous I love Govt Mule....Warren Hayes is one of the best Blues Guitarists in the world!

Ferryman

Quote from: andrewh on June 08, 2009, 04:38:43 PMI was at the Wembley Muse gig on the first night and your are right, it was truly amazing. Without meaning to rub it in I did manage to get tickets on Friday morning for one of the o2 shows.

Grrr. Stop rubbing it in!! My son is also desperate to see Muse and I let him down by not getting tickets. All I can hope is that they have disappeared up their own fundament and become hugely self-indulgent so that this tour is a pale imitation of the Wembley gigs.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Quote from: Greeny on June 09, 2009, 04:12:11 AM[I'd have been at that (it's very local to me!), but can't make it this year. Joe Bonamassa and Brian Wilson on the same bill - that's a real treat! I liked the Charlatans in their day too. I also recommend 'Weyfest' in September which is near Farnham, for a low-key music day out in the country. Sadly it's grown to big for me to play there now. I believe Jethro Tull are topping the bill this year.

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!

Thanks! I hope the weather's good. One of my son's schoolfriend's mother runs the Brian Wilson fan club (she follows him round the country!) so we might even get to meet him.

Will check out Weyfest. That's not far from us. I would have it the other way round - I think you are now too big for them!!

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tangled Wires

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 10, 2009, 03:48:31 PM
Quote from: andrewh on June 08, 2009, 04:38:43 PMI was at the Wembley Muse gig on the first night and your are right, it was truly amazing. Without meaning to rub it in I did manage to get tickets on Friday morning for one of the o2 shows.

Grrr. Stop rubbing it in!! My son is also desperate to see Muse and I let him down by not getting tickets. All I can hope is that they have disappeared up their own fundament and become hugely self-indulgent so that this tour is a pale imitation of the Wembley gigs.

Cheers,

Nigel

To be honest Nigel, the Wembley Stadium gig will take some topping, and I am hoping that they will play some larger venues as the tour progresses, so people like yourselves get the chance to see them. Muse are a band who really do get better and better as their tours go on, so here's hoping you and your son get a ticket for a future date or can still somehow get to the O2.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: 48 on June 09, 2009, 06:20:37 AMBlooby I am so jealous I love Govt Mule....Warren Hayes is one of the best Blues Guitarists in the world!

Warren did not disappoint.  I believe the new Mule disc is out by the end of this month.  I'm curious to see how it is with their new bass player, who is a bit more aggressive than Andy Hess.

Blooby

Kody

I went to the Foo Fighters awhile back, but my best concert experience was in 2002.  My dad and I were asked to roadie for Comstock, a get together of a bunch of classic rock bands in the middle of nowhere, Nebraska.....

We got to tear down stages for Lynyrd Skynyrd, REO Speedwagon, .38 Special, Ted Nugent, and others...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One