Ophelia

Started by ODH, October 15, 2017, 11:18:21 PM

ODH

Usually, when hurricanes form in the Atlantic they head west and make a mess of a Carribean island and maybe part of East coast USA. It's always worrying when you have friends affected but our concern in the UK is inevitably somewhat  detached.

Ophelia though decided to head straight north for Southern Ireland, arriving right about now. I'd like to wish anyone in its path well over the next 24 hours.

Here in South East Wales we'll be on its outskirts, strong winds forecast but hopefully nothing too out of the ordinary.

Stay safe everyone.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Mike_S

Thanks Nick, I think unless we are very unlucky and it picks up force we should be ok. I live on the coast on the east. I think compared to our fellow songcrafters on the other side of the the Atlantic its gonna be relatively minor. But these days the weather is surprising us all, so lets see.
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnny Robbo

Just checked the local weather forecast here on Teesside & we're due to catch the outer edge of it... winds of 50mph, which is pretty bad even for us, right on the edge of the North Sea. If that's what we can expect, my thoughts are with everyone who will catch the full brunt of the storm.
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Lurker

Hang in there.  Hopefully, it will just be a strong wet blow.  We're still cleaning up after Irma, but it could have been worse.

Know where the high ground is.  Make sure you have plenty of clean water.  You don't want to use up all of the beer just yet. 

Then again ...

Hook

Stock up and hunker down!
Good luck my brothers and sisters.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Mike_S

Yes hopefully won't be too bad,, thanks for the tips Lurker. The scary thing is, this is probably the way of the future with the way the climate. is going. These things could start cropping up anywhere.

At the moment, in all honesty its just  strong winds where i live, nothing I haven't seen before, but it has not really reached here properly yet. But in Kerry 1 woman has been killed by a falling tree. In my area 2 prats had to be rescued by the rescue service because they got into trouble kite surfing!

Anyhow still awaiting the worst of it...
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Mike_S

I think that's it now. Wasn't bad at all for me anyway. I think we were in a nicely sheltered housing estate and not right at the seafront. So as far as I know 3 people died in Ophelia related accidents, one only a few miles away. A tree fell on a passing car and killed the driver, poor guy. Almost 400,000 without power in the country. But all in all compared to what our brothers in the US have had to go through I think it could have been a lot worse. Sadly though I think in years to come we will all be getting more familiar with these things...

recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

I was just looking at this page on the BBC website and it looks worse than I imagined.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-41627442

I hope henny didn't go surfing today.  ;)

Penzance seafront in Cornwall
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

kenny mac

We had a right eery yellow climate yesterday.
Set twitter alight with pictures and comments.
No birds in the sky and a yellow sky.
Very strange.
Met put it down to ophelia and sand carried in air.
Very very strange feeling.
I went out into my garden and it was like looking up from Mars.