Tom Petty dead at 66

Started by Oldrottenhead, October 02, 2017, 02:06:20 PM

Boognish

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 04, 2017, 02:57:39 PMHow about a Tom Petty mini-fest to pay tribute?

Any Tom Petty covers posted between now and Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 will qualify. However, I think we need at least four songs to make it worthwhile. Hopefully, we'll get more than that. When I see that at least four Tom Petty covers have been posted, I'll make a jukebox and add them to it, as well as any other Tom Petty covers posted before the 17th.

So start working on your Tom Petty covers and let's make a great Songcrafters tribute to Tom Petty.

Love this idea...
And I like to think Tom Petty would love this idea, too.
Okay to cover.

Greeny

Quote from: 64Guitars on October 04, 2017, 02:57:39 PMHow about a Tom Petty mini-fest to pay tribute?

Any Tom Petty covers posted between now and Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 will qualify. However, I think we need at least four songs to make it worthwhile. Hopefully, we'll get more than that. When I see that at least four Tom Petty covers have been posted, I'll make a jukebox and add them to it, as well as any other Tom Petty covers posted before the 17th.

So start working on your Tom Petty covers and let's make a great Songcrafters tribute to Tom Petty.

Great idea!

Boognish

SIAP - probably by me ????
If you guys have Siriusxm petty's channel is great.
His Buried Treasure Show is fantastic
Okay to cover.

StephenM

I loved the Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers...but I'll be damned if I could ever play any of it....just super stuff...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

WarpCanada

I've been listening to Highway Companion a lot lately.

As big as Tom Petty got (and believe me, he deserved it!) I don't think he was ever quite as big as he should have been.

This guy is up there with the all time greats.  His voice, his songwriting.  Just unsurpassed.

Ankle Deep in Love

Yeah they raised that horse to be a jumper
He was owned by a Midwest bible thumper
His preacher was a Louisiana drummer
Took all winter to get through the summer
The field hand hit the switch and stumbled
Outside the big engine roared and rumbled
The stolen horse spooked and tumbled
She didn't speak for a week, just kinda mumbled
Ankle deep
In love
Ankle deep