Playback issues on ipad

Started by Oldrottenhead, September 26, 2017, 10:40:51 AM

Oldrottenhead

I have an iPad mini 2 which has had no problems with playing songs here whether they be individual songs or multiple song players like the on this day player.

However, I recently updated my iPad to iOS 11 and now songs will only play for a minute or so and then return to the start of the song and begin again.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

I knew there was another thread discussing similar but I couldn’t find it. I have only had this problem since updating to iOS 11 a few days ago. Was not having any problem when you guys were.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

TPB

I thought maybe it was my work security I get about 20 secs of the  song then nothing same on both players just enough to tease me
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Yeah, half a song and then it loops back to the beginning on both players. Seems to have undone all 64’s good work.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Getting occasional issues when listening to the latest songs jukebox. Nothing too serious. Say 1 in every 5 or so songs might not play all the way through, gets about halfway and then stops. When I replay the song from the start sometimes it plays fine. Weird. It's so random. I am listening on a Macbook Pro on Firefox with OS X Yosemite. Not a big deal for me but just adding my info to the thread in case it is useful.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

I've made a lot of changes to the code in the last two days. For me, running Ubuntu Linux 16.04.3 LTS 32-bit, the mp3 player and jukeboxes are working very reliably in the following browsers:

1) Firefox 56.0

2) Firefox Quantum (57.0b7 beta)

3) Chromium 61.0.3163.100

4) QupZilla 1.8.9 (WebKit version 538.1)

5) GNOME Web (originally called Epiphany) 3.18.11 (WebKitGTK+ 2.16.6)

I don't have any mobile devices so I can't test it in iOS or Android. I'll have to rely on you guys to tell me how it's working on those platforms.

One odd thing I noticed only in GNOME Web is that it seemed to download the whole file before it would start playing, so there are long pauses between songs in the jukeboxes. But the other browsers I tested don't do that at all. There's no delay between songs. Not sure if iOS browsers will have the same delay problem as GNOME Web since they're both based on WebKit. Although, QupZilla uses WebKit too and it didn't have any delays between songs, so maybe iOS will be okay. I hope so.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Groundy

I had problems a few times last week, But the last few days have been fine,
That's with Firefox.

Alex.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

ODH

I've uploaded an mp3 file this morning.  It played fine on my (Windows 10, Edge) laptop at home and also on my work PC (Windows 5, IE11), and likewise the Jukeboxes.

However on my iPhone(5) (ios 10.3.3) it won't play in any of those things and I've tried other song posts and they don't seem to play either.

It's always been the other way round for me, no issues on the phone, no play on Windows.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

64Guitars

Quote from: ODH on October 13, 2017, 03:11:41 AMHowever on my iPhone(5) (ios 10.3.3) it won't play in any of those things and I've tried other song posts and they don't seem to play either.

When you say they "won't play", what exactly do you mean? I assume the players look the same as they do in Windows? When you click the Play button, what happens? Nothing at all? Or does the song start to play but then stops? Is there an error message? Is the duration of the song shown in the Time display? Does the time progress after you click Play or is it stuck on 0:00?

The jukeboxes are designed to start playing as soon as the page loads. But, according to this page, iOS doesn't support autoplay. It requires a gesture to start playback. In the case of our jukeboxes, that gesture would be clicking the Play button or selecting a song in the playlist.

Also, with the single-song players, try clicking the Reload button in the player (just below the volume controls). This will reload the mp3 file and start playing it from the beginning. And try toggling the Mute button just in case the song is playing but the audio is muted.

Finally, have you tried the small, browser-supplied player below the Songcrafters single-song player? Does it play? If not, does it show the duration of the song and does the time increase after clicking Play or is it stuck on 0:00?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website