Can't play any tunes but through Soundcloud

Started by Blooby, August 15, 2017, 06:22:12 PM

64Guitars

I'll be working on the player today and tomorrow and hope to improve it.

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on August 19, 2017, 08:48:34 AMi don't know if it's related but i am having problems uploading a new song, getting "the connection was reset" message. file is only 5mb in size.

I don't think it's related but it might be. Part of my strategy for the players will be to remove a bunch of unnecessary JavaScript code and simplify the code for the players. Since this should reduce the overhead for loading a page, it could potentially improve the performance of the site which might help with uploads. While investigating the problems with the player in Chromium yesterday, it did appear to be caused by a lost connection. So it could be related to upload issues.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Blooby

I'm noticing songs over 4 minutes are the testy ones. This includes the artist jukeboxes as well. Hook's played fine with the secondary player, and Hooper's rejected me (including through his playlist).

Blooby

Mach

Tonight was the first time since this started that I've made it all the way through a couple of songs.  :)
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Quote from: Mach on August 26, 2017, 06:18:08 PMTonight was the first time since this started that I've made it all the way through a couple of songs.  :)

Well it's reared it's ugly head once again. Everything has been fine, all the players were playing and complete songs were completing. I use Firefox they did one of their dreaded Friggin' Fire updates about two days ago and now songs stop at random lengths. I was letting the Latest songs jukebox roll and the only one that made it all the way through was
"See the stars New version (Kenny Mac and OldRottenhead)." The others gave me a red Error message in the top left of the player then stopped not long after, no re-start or advance to the next song, just silence.

I noticed a thread about iPads not playing either.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

I've been having trouble too - everything was fine until the site improvements and then I couldn't get anything to play all the way through with either player. I thinks it's better today though.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Mach

I haven't been able to listen to anything unless I download. I made the switch to chrome on my phone. I guess I will also have to install chrome on my Home PC and access songcrafters to hear music from now on. Firefox has become a headache, but it is only here that it does this. I can't figure it out. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR