Can't play any tunes but through Soundcloud

Started by Blooby, August 15, 2017, 06:22:12 PM

Blooby

So if I click on the mp3 link at the bottom of the player, a second player opens in a new window. Can't type while I listen, but I have my workaround for now.  Going to sleep now.

As always, thank you much, 64. Your truly tireless is help does not go unnoticed.

Blooby

Blooby

Just realized not all songs have the link mentioned in the last post. Argh x3.

Going to sleep.

Blooby

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on August 15, 2017, 07:37:12 PMThe tune I'm currently trying is 3:51 at https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=27137.0

I'm experimenting with Chromium at the moment. It's the open source version of Chrome. Like you, I found that Mach's "Gospel" doesn't play. Neither does Facemask's A Hard Rains Gonna Fall at 5:34. But ODH's Hot For Teacher at 1:39 plays just fine in Chromium. Does it work for you in Chrome?

But all three songs play just fine in Firefox and all of my other browsers (Midori, Epiphany, Qupzilla, and Rekonq). The longer songs only seem to be a problem in Chromium/Chrome.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

Quote from: Blooby on August 15, 2017, 07:53:30 PMSo if I click on the mp3 link at the bottom of the player, a second player opens in a new window. Can't type while I listen, but I have my workaround for now.  Going to sleep now.

Quote from: Blooby on August 15, 2017, 07:54:28 PMJust realized not all songs have the link mentioned in the last post. Argh x3.

The link below the player only appears if the song is hosted offsite (at alonetone, for example). The "Download" link at the right of the player should do the same thing and it should work for all songs, regardless of whether they're hosted offsite or at Songcrafters. The difference between clicking the Download link and clicking the Play button is that the former doesn't stream, so the song won't start playing till you've downloaded the whole file. For average length songs with a fast internet service, the delay for downloading the file might not be very noticeable.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

64Guitars

I think I'm on to something. I noticed that the jukeboxes work just fine in Chromium. Every song plays, every time. For example, try the Songcrafters on the Radio jukebox. Every song in that jukebox plays perfectly in Chromium. And some of them are quite long. One song is over an hour, yet it plays just fine in the jukebox. I'm expecting that it will work in Chrome too.

However, when I click the Comment button in the jukebox to go to the corresponding topic, then try to play the song there, some songs play but many do not. I'm going to have a good look at the code to see what's different between the single-song players in the topics and the multi-song jukeboxes. One difference that comes to mind is that the single-song players scan the mp3 file for its ID3 tags to get the song title and artist, but the jukeboxes don't do that. So I have a hunch that something in that ID3-scanning code is causing the problem. Although, I can't understand why it only manifests itself in Chromium/Chrome.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Mach

I haven't had any problems playing songs from the players on my laptop. They ALL do stop about 1/2 or 2/3 of the way through on my phone though.  ???  I use Firefox on both my laptop and phone. I have tried updating the software on the phone but still no go.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Made it through 3-4 songs, and now the players aren't working for me again. A tune wouldn't play at 4:09, and one played layer at 4:10. I would say it's a cache issue on my end as well, but I dumped it, and last night ended with me not being able to play anything. I am confounded.

Blooby

64Guitars

Blooby, can you confirm that the multi-song jukeboxes work okay in Chrome? They work perfectly for me in Chromium. Every song plays every time. For example, try the Songcrafters on the Radio jukebox.

If you get the same results as I did in Chromium, then I'll know that the problem only occurs with the single-song players in the topics and I can focus on that code. I probably won't get a chance to have a good look into it till the weekend though.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

bruno

Okay
HTML player on Safari (OSX El Capitan) works, but only for around 2 minutes (its random), before it flips back to the start of the song (although the counter/time does not reset) and none of the positioning (back or forward) works, so struggle to hear beyond 2 minutes for any song. The old Flash player worked fine! If I want to listen to the whole thing, I have to download the MP3.
Just my 10c worth....
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

bruno

Looks like firefox behaves better than Safari on OSX - although cannot still use the positioning bar on the player (but back works to reset to the start, forward doesn't work).
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600