Missing members

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, August 13, 2017, 07:19:05 AM

Oldrottenhead

sorry to hear about the good reverand 48. my thoughts are with him.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mach

I didn't realize Mike (Rev) was in the hospital and for so long.
I hope all is well and he is on the mend soon.

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman

Hi all, I'm still around. Work has kept me away from anything music-related for the last 24 months plus but I am retiring soon (Feb next year) so will be back. And music is one of the things I'll be devoting a lot more time to once I am retired. I have been stocking up on gear while I am still earning so that once I retire I will be able to learn how to use all the stuff I have and get some music made. I won't be able to afford to buy any new stuff but I already have more stuff than I will ever need anyway. I will be time rich, money poor as they say but I have decided that it's better to have fun while I still can rather than keep flogging away at work just to earn more money (it helps that my son finished university this year and has a job, so he will soon be supporting himself).

So I'll hopefully see those of you that are still here soon.......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Thank you for the updates. Nigel, I look forward to your return. And Mark, you'll always be Henny to me. You can always dip your toe in with a collaboration, and I think I speak for several who love to be a part of that. Best to you, Rev.

Bruce

Greeny

I've been gone a while, struggling with all my (work) experience and skills being made largely obsolete in the space of 5 years. Plus the utter depression and revulsion at what's going in in Britain and America. I'm ashamed of my own country and my 93% Englishness (according to my DNA test). I'd happily go to live in France, but the end of freedom of movement will screw that up too. And all that's on top of the rest of my lifelong tendency towards darkness.

Trying to deal with it though.

Through art, music and words. And earl grey tea.

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on August 20, 2017, 04:32:00 AMHi all, I'm still around. Work has kept me away from anything music-related for the last 24 months plus but I am retiring soon (Feb next year) so will be back. And music is one of the things I'll be devoting a lot more time to once I am retired. I have been stocking up on gear while I am still earning so that once I retire I will be able to learn how to use all the stuff I have and get some music made. I won't be able to afford to buy any new stuff but I already have more stuff than I will ever need anyway. I will be time rich, money poor as they say but I have decided that it's better to have fun while I still can rather than keep flogging away at work just to earn more money (it helps that my son finished university this year and has a job, so he will soon be supporting himself).

So I'll hopefully see those of you that are still here soon.......

Hello!  Good to see you around, and it'll be even better to hear you my friend.

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on August 14, 2017, 07:12:15 AMORH gave me the heads up on this thread.
Still alive. Not making music anymore, it all stopped coming out of my fingers and throat and brain.
Listening to music again though.
I do quickly have a scoot around here to see whose still around. I do miss this place.
I did plan to make up some new noises but just never feel the time is right. Maybe one day.
And yes Willie, I did have a bodily malfunction and got better.
Then I had a mental malfunction and am not better. Maybe one day.
 So for the moment I'll sign off with my name and not the 'h' word. 'h' has gone away.

Mark

Hang on in there. By your brilliant fingertips. I'm a lifelong fan.

Burtog

Hi all,

I check in for a minute or 2 most days  but rarely log on at the moment. I have had a busy year; house move, work, new dog etc; also in the house move lost the 'shed' so nowhere currently to record or make noise.

I do intend to build a new shed next year, I'm more into music than ever and going to see some great musicians, I went to see Courtney Marie Andrews last week and was blown away, check her out.

I want to get back on here soon to do some acoustic recording and try and challenge myself a little more, that's the plan but really what I wanted to say is 'sorry' for being a crap songcrafter, I really should be commenting on what everyone else is doing anyway as that is part and parcel of what this place is about.

I'll come back later tonite after work and have a listen to some stuff with a beer or 2.

take care everyone!

Gaz
recorder
Boss BR-800

Oldrottenhead

Gary I need a shed too, hope you get it built soon.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pine

Well, guess I need to un-lurk for a moment  :o

Much like Burtog, I actually try to stop by the site everyday, altho I only rarely log in. I read most everything in the GD section and try to catch the newer tunes. I've had a rather difficult year in some ways, but compared to the Rev and Tommy, my life is a sleigh ride.
I know I should try and comment more, as I would appreciate you guys doing on my stuff whenever I post.... and I feel kinda guilty that I haven't. You "core group" guys are to be highly commended for your camaraderie and determination. I also admire your creativity. Mine seems to have flown out the cabin window, at least musically speaking. Nothing new since late Spring and nothing in the works. Actually, I went all summer without even playing. Sad. I'm trying now to get back into that at least. On the verge of a total knee replacement, which scares hell outta me. maybe all that down time in recovery/rehab will get me writing and recording again. I guess I just kinda feel like I don't have anything to say musically at this point. I know most all of you have been there too. We all seem to cycle I guess (except maybe the Hookster!) Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that i'm still about, still doing ok up here in the woods of northern Appalachia and "lurking" on this great site often and glad that you guys continue to "carry the torch" and keep the music alive. My hats off to all of ya...

Maybe I need some new gear....hhmmmm   :-\
recorder
Boss BR-1200