Hurricane Season

Started by Mach, July 31, 2017, 05:53:12 AM

bruno

Say safe brothers - thinking of you guys.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Jean Pierre

all the guys that are on the spot, give news please...
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Blooby

A few nasty bands have come through. Rain was sideways as I drove back from the school/special needs shelter. They lost power an hour ago although I couldn't explain how. Super calm right now. I'm having a Guinness while I work in my garage with the door open for now.

Good luck, Hook. Sorry it's coming so close.

Blooby

Mach

We had several of the outer bands come through.
The rain & wind woke me up at 3:00 am.
I have a small river running down the street already.
Our area is not expecting as much as the West Coast of the State.
Hook batten down in Tampa Bro.

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on September 10, 2017, 08:49:40 AMall the guys that are on the spot, give news please...

Here are NOAA views of how large Irma is compared to Jose.

http://google.org/crisismap/2017-irma?hl=en&llbox=42.11%2C8.33%2C-39.55%2C-110.08&t=HYBRID&layers=3%3A100%2C1%2C31%2C32%2C5%2C49%2C15%2C11%2C12%2Clayer9%2Clayer8%2C2

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/tatl/h5-loop-rb.html
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Lurker

We're getting rain and some gusty winds, but the real deal hasn't started yet.  The predicted path has jumped to the east, so Hook is closer to the business.

I have two sisters-in-law in Key West.  Both reported in just after 8:00 AM EDT.  They say that they are okay.  No details.

Blooby

I did I as much as I prepare so the next logical thing was to scrub my tacky mushroom lawn ornament (and no, that's not a euphemism). I'm sure my neighbors were hoping it would blow away. I think I'm going to paint it once it dries to bide my time (amanita muscaria colors somehow seems appropriate on this surreal day). It's got to be better that perseverating on the newscasts.

John, any more details from your in-laws? I didn't know they were staying.

Blooby

Hook

Winds and rain picking up. Looks like my in-laws are joining our little crew here...

Worst of it is still quite a few hours away. Right now I'm watching Disneys Hercules with my littles trying to keep their minds off what's to come. Filling the tubs and pitchers full of water and we turned my oldest daughters room, Much to her excitement, into our safe room. We'll spend the night there together. Right now still waiting.
Rock on!l

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

bruno

Rock on brother - sending all our best. Thinking of you all.
Claire is doing okay in Fort L. Around another 24hrs for her on this one!
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Just seen the news, looks bad guys, stay safe.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Hook

Some wind and rain bands have come through but nothing scary yet. I just heard it made landfall on Marco Island hopefully it will begin to weaken as it rides up the peninsula. So basically just waiting now.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely