Hurricane Season

Started by Mach, July 31, 2017, 05:53:12 AM

Blooby

Quote from: Pine on September 09, 2017, 11:25:10 AMNot sure where each of you are in Florida

Lurker and Blooby - Gainesville/Alachua area (North central)
Hook - Tampa (West)
Mach - Jacksonville (Northeast)
BrettBob - Escapes me at the moment, but I want to say 2/3 down on the east coast.

Lurker

EWC lives just down the road from Blooby, but he don't like to say.

We're about as ready as we will be.  I'm a little nervous but it doesn't make any difference.  We'll just take what comes.  No choice, really.  We're having family over for tacos tonight.  My wife's aunt and uncle are up from an area of Fort Myers that can expect a storm surge over nine feet.  Two of the venues that Blooby and I play in Cedar Key may not be there after Irma passes. 

My (almost) 85 year old mother insists that she's prepared to stay alone in her house.  Our nonagenarian neighbor lives alone and is all set.  Both of these tough ladies are hearing and visually impaired, yet they may be better suited to handle the situation than most in our community.

We'll keep you posted.

Oldrottenhead

watching a live news feed from tampa by abc action news now http://www.abcactionnews.com/video/abc-action-news-now

scary stuff, stay safe guys.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mach

Man this is starting to get tense. Hook, Blooby, Lurker and Brett Bob...I'm wishing you guys the best.

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

I'm fortifying myself with Guinness from my Captain Kirk Koozie.

Blooby

Lurker

Quote from: Blooby on September 09, 2017, 04:07:47 PMI'm fortifying myself with Guinness from my Captain Kirk Koozie.

Blooby

Drink long and prosper.

ODH

Really thinking of you all. Wishing you well till it's over.

On my app it looks like the path runs straight over Tampa with sustained winds of 125-135 mph. 

As George Harrison said,  All Things Must Pass.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Mach

Quote from: Lurker on September 09, 2017, 04:09:58 PM
Quote from: Blooby on September 09, 2017, 04:07:47 PMI'm fortifying myself with Guinness from my Captain Kirk Koozie.

Blooby

Drink long and prosper.

Beer me up Scotty.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Mach on September 09, 2017, 04:40:53 PM
Quote from: Lurker on September 09, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

Blooby

Drink long and prosper.

Beer me up Scotty.

I switched to Irish Whiskey. I'm expecting some more puns.