Hurricane Season

Started by Mach, July 31, 2017, 05:53:12 AM

Mach

Destruction is massive in the Caribbean islands below the U.S.
Florida looks like it will be hit hard all the way up the middle of the state.
The Euro and GFS forecast models predict a westward shift
after the northern turn that will hit Miami head on.

All you guys here in Florida that are riding it out...Keep safe.
There are mandatory evacs being issued above and below us in Jax/St. Aug
for certain flood zones. I live in a flood zone in Clay Co...nothing issued yet.

Once again, stay safe
Mach

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

Quote from: Mach on September 07, 2017, 05:07:51 PMI live in a flood zone in Clay Co.

How close are you to Green Cove Springs?

Quote from: Hook on September 06, 2017, 11:28:49 AM
Quote from: Mach on September 06, 2017, 10:48:34 AM
Quote from: Blooby on September 06, 2017, 10:03:43 AMWe started drinking each other's urine last week in preparation.

Ha! Like Kevin Costner filtered it in Waterworld?

Filter?

Well played, Hook... Well played indeed.

Blooby

Lurker

Quote from: Blooby on September 06, 2017, 10:03:43 AMWe started drinking each other's urine last week in preparation.

Filter?

I've been drinking my urine with gin since the last storm.  You guys seem to be suggesting that it's unusual.

Mach

Quote from: Lurker on September 07, 2017, 07:19:04 PM

Filter?

I've been drinking my urine with gin since the last storm.  You guys seem to be suggesting that it's unusual.

I guess filtering only dilutes it anyway. I have mine "shaken" not stirred.

Bruce my primary residence is in Green Cove, but in the boonies
between Fleming and Middleburg - the dangerous part of town.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Thinking of you guys, Stay safe.

Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Blooby

Went out around 4:45 to score some gas. All the local pumps are dry, and the ones by the Interstate a couple miles away have a couple hours wait. Police are at most of the operating gas pumps to deal with the folks waiting in line. It's not that things are getting out of hand, but the people trying to evacuate from farther south are doing so at a snail's pace. The gas shortages aren't helping. I guess some tempers have flared here and there. My local gas station/convenience store (unbelievably) had fresh donuts. The guy behind me got one, held it up in front of him (with proper reverence), and said, "We may be screwed up, but this is still a great country." I love that store.

School was canceled for Monday, and the governor made a decision for our county last night regarding today's closing. We rescheduled an open house that was to occur last night, and when the county got wind of it, they said we couldn't. Can't understand the thinking, but such is life. My school is a special-needs shelter so the administration must take shifts there. I must head over in an hour or so, but I thought I'd first dine on this delectable looking donut.

Blooby

Mach

I didn't venture to far out in search of gas, but of the 10 local places only one had 93 octane and diesel left.
We have 4 five gallon cans for the generator when the power goes out. I filled my gas guzzling truck so I will
be heading out for some other supplies. Donuts are not on my list. Batteries, forget it. I was told at a couple
of stores they expect shipments tomorrow.

I have all the guitars in cases on the beds. No where to sleep, but hey they won't get wet if we get flooded.
Hopefully, the storm surge won't be too bad since the eye will be over land. Surge warnings for SE Georgia.
Winds are going to be a big problem here. Well at least I can turn off the A/C for a while.  ;D

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Jose is hot on the heels of Irma, now a Cat 4...crazy s*it.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny Robbo

Not a day goes by without seeing reports on the news about the devastation these storms are bringing. My thoughts are with you chaps who are caught up in it. Stay safe!
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Adobe Audition

"The English may not like music, but they absolutely love the noise it makes." Sir Thomas Beecham

http://www.jrguitar.co.uk http://johnrobsonmusic.co.uk

Hilary

Quote from: Mach on September 08, 2017, 08:07:54 AMI have all the guitars in cases on the beds. No where to sleep, but hey they won't get wet if we get flooded.

Legend - stay safe guys!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça