Hurricane Season

Started by Mach, July 31, 2017, 05:53:12 AM

Pine

Man that was quite a blow. Glad you guys are all ok.
Mach they say that your town has the worst flooding in 100 years. Dozens of boat rescues. Awful stuff. What a mess. Naples isn't much better... and the Keys are annihilated. One in four homes completely destroyed. 65% seriously damaged.
Still millions in Florida with no power.... may take a couple weeks to get it all back on line.
Glad to hear your son is ok. That must have been quite a scare. Hope you can finally get some rest.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Blooby

Mach, what is the latest with Black Creek?

Mach

Well this has been a journey I never want to take again. I'm so exhausted from vacuuming water to keep it from flooding the whole bottom level. Generator has had it. Been running it constantly for more than 96 hours just for vacuums. I haven't had time to take pictures because we have been hard at work with vacuums...vacuuming water sucks! (no pun intended). I tried to get pictures of some of the crazy things floating down the creek, but they would go by so fast I couldn't get to it in time.

I will tell some stories later, but now I need sleep.

Quote from: Blooby on September 13, 2017, 08:17:11 AMMach, what is the latest with Black Creek?

It has gone down quite a bit and the flow is back to almost normal. Part of the bridge on one side has caved in, but the traffic trying to get through on the good side is a nightmare from what I've heard. Helicopters and rescue boats are still around. I think they finally made it down to the North and South prongs of the creek to rescue all the properties that were completely underwater, they were inaccessible for a while because the the debris and so many trees for choppers to get in.

Like I said, no time to take photos because I been working my ass off to keep the house dry as possible...I have a few...no electricity for about a week or more, so maybe we can hook up the generator (if it still wants to work) and see some of the damage on TV. Cell service is terrible. Anyway, gonna go drink something intoxicating and sleep for a while.

Mach in Mayhem
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Glad to hear your son is doing okay, Mach.

I hear you about vacuuming up water - I used to have trouble with my basement flooding (never more than about 6-8 inches of water, at its worst - probably pretty light compared to what you've been up against), and I learned to respect the power of water. It's incredibly frustrating, and even with the right tools, we're barely a match for that kind of power. Not sure if you already have one, but a submersible pump and garden hose can save quite a bit of the work of vacuuming and emptying, but again, when the water is unstoppable, you've just got to play by its rules.

Rest up as best you can - that will help as you finish up.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Lurker

I'm so relieved that the water has begun to subside.  We've been pretty worried here.  Our trials are like nothing compared to yours.  I hope you get that rest before you start to clean up. 

Take care, John.

Mach

Here are a few photos of the road. It's about 4 1/2 feet at the mailbox
and up to almost 6 feet across the the road. I haven't been able get pics
of the creek when it crested to 28.5 feet (record height) because I have
been so busy with the water in the house, my special-needs Son, and all
the other mayhem.

I just now got online to see the wide-spread floodingin our surrounding
areas...devastating compared to our situation...there are so many YouTube
vids and pictures if you Google Black Creek, Green Cove Springs, Middleburg,
Jacksonville, Irma, etc...so many I've seen in the last hour of surfing.

You'll have to tilt your head to see a couple of the bad pics my phone takes.

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

kenny mac

Just looked at the photos and googled the video stuff
My goodness that area got it bad,so scarey to look at never mind actually living it.
You are all so lucky to have came through this devastating event.
I hope things go smoothly in the recovery

bruno

Damn brother - that looks terrible. Glad your son was sorted, everything else can wait. Hope you get the help that you need to get back on track. When one of our little online family gets hurt, we all feel it. Be well, the best you can, Mach.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: bruno on September 14, 2017, 11:33:39 AMDamn brother - that looks terrible. Glad your son was sorted, everything else can wait. Hope you get the help that you need to get back on track. When one of our little online family gets hurt, we all feel it. Be well, the best you can, Mach.
B
Ditto.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Wow Mach, devastating stuff. We still have no power and the wife and kids couldn't take it so we were in a hotel the last 2 nights and a different hotel tonight. Finding rooms big enough for us was a challenge in itself and expensive to say the least. Not complaining at all, just take it as it comes. Hope your drying out Mach!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely