Just a State of Mind

Started by SE, July 15, 2017, 03:34:39 PM

Blooby

I echo what others have said. Really enjoyed this and so very good to see you here again. I am particularly enamored of the guitar layering going on here. That amp sounds great...I mean really great.

Peace.

Blooby

SE

Thanks everyone for their kind comments, it took such a long time to even try a vox on a track, so thanks again for the comments there a wee confidence boost.

Hi Mike of course you can use the track, I,m just glad you liked it.

Hi 64 here,s some pics, sorry have been trying to get the pics up, apologies for my ineptitude.

recorder
Boss BR-80

64Guitars

That Gretsch is gorgeous! Nice amp too. I've heard only good things about the Yamaha THR series amps.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Lurker

Great song!  I love the guitar work.  You definitely know how to play with these new toys.  As for the voice, the roughness adds to the attitude for this song.  Your travails did nothing to harm your phrasing or your sense of pitch.  Keep singing.  It will help you heal.

hooper

Wow!  Very solid performance and production!
Absolutely incredible guitar tones!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Mike_S

Hi SE... this is super. there is a real warmth to this track in lyrics, performance and production too. a real feel good track, actually just what i needed. great stuff!

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Speed Demon

Good to hear you again. And a very nice sound, indeed.

recorder
Boss eBand JS-8

recorder
Adobe Audition

There is room for all of God's creatures.
Right next to my mashed potatoes.

Farrell Jackson

I'm back for another listen to this fantastic jewel of a song! The Gretsch is a fine looking and sounding guitar. So is the Yamaha amp.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ella

Like Mike said - this is feel good-track. I hope you are feeling good too. I´m sorry you have had so hard times. I hope everything is alright now. Your voice sounds great, by the way. :D