Just a State of Mind

Started by SE, July 15, 2017, 03:34:39 PM

SE

just a state of mind
Time:
0:00
Volume:
First for a while recorded this with my new toys when I was,nt well my wife and step son decided to try and cheer me up so I was told to stay in and collect a delivery of a  pair of jeans for him well the van showed up and a guitar shaped box and another smaller box arrived.
I said, "sure that,s for here" the guy said "yes sign here", got them inside and it turned out to be Gretsch Jet club pro and a THR Yamaha 5 watt amp (by the way the effects on that small amp are just teriffic).
So here goes all Gretsch and Yamaha with BR80 drums and some what crocky voice.
recorder
Boss BR-80

kenny mac

Brilliant song john,the new guitar sounds excellent and your voice is great as well.
Love the lyrics on this as well.
So good to have you back mate,so good.
Made my Saturday night seeing and hearing  this.

64Guitars

This is a great song, SE! The new gear sounds amazing and your voice is sounding better than ever. Well done!

Quote from: SE on July 15, 2017, 03:34:39 PMit turned out to be Gretsch Jet club pro and a THR Yamaha 5 watt amp (by the way the effects on that small amp are just teriffic).

I searched Google Images for the Gretsch Jet Club Pro and it looks like a gorgeous guitar. I noticed it comes in several colours though. Could you post a picture of yours?

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

Great to hear a new song from you, John! Congrats on the new Gretsch (sounds fab), and your vocals are rocking!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Farrell Jackson

I totally enjoyed your new song and new toys SE! Great vocals and the Gretsch Jet club pro and a THR Yamaha 5 watt amp sounds very pro...you a have winner!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

gaun yersel John, voice has an edge to it that gives me goosebumps, effing brawtastic bro.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

bruno

Great sounds from the near gear - and love the croaky voice gives it quite an edge, great stuff.
Glad you're out the other side, and music is a great help on the long road to full recovery.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hook

Can't keep a great songcrafter down. Great song. Gear sounds spectacular. I love those amps.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Redler

What a fine song, John! Nice guitar tone, congrats for the new gear!

Liked the "double" vocals on the chorus - it works really well!

Welcome back!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Flash Harry

Hi John,

What a way to bounce back! Brilliant track and a nice new guitar an amp sounding bloody gorgeous. Vocals are superb! - this is going on the PiePod.

I'm putting together a playlist for the annual mini festival I do the sound for. It's to provide music during the band switch-over. I hope you don't mind if this goes on it.

Hope you're solidly on the mend.

Cheers

Mike
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.