Been away for a while, but not far

Started by SE, July 15, 2017, 03:18:33 PM

SE

I,ve been away for a while but not far, Ive been lurking in the backround. A few people have known, I don,t know how many that I,ve not been well, just a about a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer at the back of my tongue and near my voice box and also on both sides of my neck so I wasn,t really up for music, I had other things to deal with.
So now I,ve had all the treatment ( Radio and Chemo ) and have come through most, but not all of the side effects I,m in a better place now, all my scans up till now have been negative.So it,s getting back to normal as best as I can.
That means playing guitar and pottering about in my shed, my voice is not the same as it was, it,s only recently that Ive felt confident enough to try it out.
So here goes first song in a long time, over in originals,

recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Hook

Glad your doing better brother!
Time to rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

64Guitars

Glad to hear you're on the mend and making music again. I'm listening to "Just a State of Mind" now and my first impression is that it's fantastic!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

cuthbert

Great news, John. Hope you're feeling tip-top again soon!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Pete C

So good to see you back and well.  Just been over to Originals and listened to your new song.  Your voice sounds cool to me (as does your new guitar and amp).

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

bruno

Wow - you've been through the mill, glad that you are out the other side. Take it easy man.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

SE, I didn't know you had been ill for the last year. I feel for you and your family having to go through that but it's great news to hear you've turned the corner! Keep on making music...it's great therapy. I love your latest song!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

alfstone

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra